What Are You Eating Today? (Saturday May 18th, 2013)

pinkjellybean
on 5/17/13 8:56 pm - Canada
VSG on 01/25/12

Happy Saturday and Happy Long Weekend Everyone! 

I have my food all figured out for today so I am putting it all here to try and keep myself on plan and on track! 

I am looking forward to today so much!  Taking my daughter to dance and then going out for a manicure/pedicure with my Mommy (my present to her for Mother's Day).  After that I'll swing by her place for a bit so I can free my hubby of the kids and he can help my Step-Father build a new deck.  Tonight I am headed out with two friends for dinner at the Pickle Barrel which is a big deal for me since I don't let myself eat in restaurants very often (I like knowing exactly how my food is prepared...heh.)

Pre-Breakfast - About to go for my walk to Timmies and get a Large Iced Coffee

Breakfast - Poached Eggs (2) on Spinach with Salsa Verde (fresh from La Tortilleria in Toronto)

Lunch - Tuna Salad on top of a Garden Salad

Dinner - Seinfelds Julienne Salad (The Big Salad) from the Pickle Barrel....This is what it has in it: Crisp lettuce with smoked turkey, roast beef, black forest ham, Swiss cheese, ripe tomatoes and hard-boiled eggs, served with your choice of dressing.

Snack - I am not sure yet as it depends where I am at the time...if I am out probably a Light Sugar-Free Caramel Frappuchino from Starbucks....if I am not out probably something far better for me like an Apple with Almond Butter.

SURGERY at Toronto Western Hospital - VSG JANUARY 25th, 2012!!

5'9 - HW - 390 SW - 368.8  GW - 150

birdiegirl
on 5/17/13 9:07 pm

Hi Pink.....lol....took me a few minutes to figure out the copy and paste .....such a little victory to be able to do this...lol.....but here it is....

RNY 4 Years Post Op

Morning;

Lots on the agenda today.....want to finish planting the flowers I bought....have the front of the house done....now to the back......and other assorted household chores today....all good exercise....out for dinner with friends this evening to a wonderful Italian restaurant.....I have pasta in my totals....but If I like their fish special I will have that instead

STEPS - 7600 yesterday....not bad for no formal exercise

EATS for Losing:

B - 2 large mugs of regular coffee

Premier protein shake

L - Small - 1 cup - greek salad

4.5 oz grilled halibut

D - Butternut squash ravioli in oil and garlic 1.5 cups

I slice of bruschetta

10 oz Malbec

1 extra tablespoon of oil in the totals for cooking

S - 9 low sodium triscuits

1/4 cup of shredded habanero cheese

MYFITNESSPAL totals for the above menu are: Calories - 1,517, Carbs - 110 grams ...(hope they have some great

fish...otherwise I will splurge on the pasta as its wonderful)....Fat - 50 grams, Protein - 85 grams

All water.....decaf coffee and tea....and all vits

Have a great one mail

highlandbear
on 5/17/13 9:15 pm - Canada

I am running a half marathon this morning so my eating has been crazy since I can not run with food in my stomach

2:30 am half bagel with peanut butter

4:00 the other half of the bagel with peanut butter

6:00 banana

6:30 greek yogurt

That is my breakfast that i do when I am racing

after race some fruit and chocolate milk

dinner is chicken and peas. if I have the energy if not chili from the freezer

birdiegirl
on 5/17/13 9:22 pm

Good luck Barb.......

kellybelly333
on 5/17/13 9:55 pm - Toronto, Canada

Good luck Barb!! I have to eat 1/2 an hour before a long run. Anything over 45 minutes must have food in my belly close-ish. What do you have during a half marathon? I remember talking about it before, but I can't remember now!! Do you use gels?

Surgery March 23/2011. Completed three full marathons and two half marathons, two half Ironman distances. Completed my first Full Ironman distance (4 km swim, 180 km bike, 42.2 km (full marathon) run) in Muskoka August 30/2015. Next Ironman Lake Placid July 23/2017!

highlandbear
on 5/18/13 2:53 am - Canada

I use gels when I run. If i have food in my stomach when I run than I am looking for a bathroom. I end up with huge problems. 

kellybelly333
on 5/18/13 8:00 am - Toronto, Canada

I WISH I had that problem lol (not really). How was the race?

Surgery March 23/2011. Completed three full marathons and two half marathons, two half Ironman distances. Completed my first Full Ironman distance (4 km swim, 180 km bike, 42.2 km (full marathon) run) in Muskoka August 30/2015. Next Ironman Lake Placid July 23/2017!

Patm
on 5/18/13 12:00 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Good luck with the marathon. Doesn't sound like you get much sleep before your run

Julia P.
on 5/18/13 12:05 am - Canada
RNY on 10/16/12

Good luck with your run today!  You are an inspiration to me!

Onward and
Downward

on 5/17/13 9:36 pm - Canada
RNY on 11/07/12

I originally posted this in Barb's thread, and discovered that she deleted the thread - whoops!  Thank goodness for cut and paste!  Enjoy your day with mom and the kids, PJB, and also with your friends tonight.  And best of luck with your half marathon, HB!  Okay, here's my original post:

Morning, Barb!  I've been up for an hour and a half- woke up early, excited about spending the whole day gardening, finally!  Sounds like we're doing pretty much the same thing, except for the going out for supper part.  Enjoy your pasta or fish, whatever you decide to have. :)

For the last couple of days (and this morning) I've also been hanging up a bunch of pictures.  We had to take them all down on the first floor for the kitchen reno, and now I'm putting them up, but in a way that I like them.  My husband belongs to the "haphazard school" of hanging pictures. A great big blank wall, and he hangs a small picture somewhere in the middle of it so that it looks like a bare wall with a slight attempt at decoration - you know the kind.  So I went with the "crowded art gallery wall" look instead, and it worked out nicely!  I also managed to get up a few pictures that I haven't managed to put up before this, including four paintings by my aunt that she gave me a few years ago.I really should frame them, though, even if just with cheapie pre-fab frames.  Maybe that can be another today project...no!  Gardening!  I have to do the gardening! :)

The last week or so has been difficult for me food and exercise-wise.  Things seem to be changing, both appetite-wise and motivation-wise.  I'm getting complacent and that's not good.  I'm not gaining, but I'm not losing much either.  And I've started to be STARVING all the time.  What the heck is up with that?  So now I have to figure out some new techniques for staying full that I didn't have to do before.  More watery veggies as filler, that kind of thing, I think.  And I really have to get serious again about exercise.  I'm hoping that all day in the garden will be good today.  But I also have to go out of my way to go for long walks again.

6 MONTHS POST-RNY

B - Premier Protein shake (maybe I need to stop doing this? Drinking my calories in the morning? Oh well, I've already done it today.)

S - 1/2 cup ricotta cheese, 1/2 cup of blackberries and raspberries mixed

L - Cucumbers as "crackers" with 1 oz herbed goat cheese and 2 tbsps fat-free cream cheese

S - 1 oz roasted chick peas, more cucumbers if I'm still hungry

D - Some kind of chicken dish - not sure yet, but 3 oz chicken, a few spears of roasted asparagus, and 1 oz of sweet potato mash (if I have room)

S - Glass of skim milk if I need it (lord knows, I probably will)

TOTALS: 98g protein, 38g fat, 55 carbs (43 net carbs), 956 calories

Have a great start to your long weekend, everyone!

Referral to registry: Oct 21, 2011    Orientation (TWH): Feb 22, 2012     Surgery: Nov 7, 2012

Come to Toronto East End Coffee Nights! Click here for details.

Most Active
Recent Topics