Optifast "High"

Lorieliz
on 5/23/13 3:00 am - Canada

Does this happen?

I am feeling SO good right now. I feel light and clean and happy most of the time. The only time I feel like chewing rocks is when the rest of my family is having dinner. I just go out back and play fetch with the dog. He has me well trained and I almost always bring it right back to him!

I find myself googling post op recipe ideas (thank goodness for allrecipes pro - I now have an even bigger recipe box) and it doesn't make me hungry (although Master Chef did!!!).

I think what I am feeling is what Atkins people call ketosis, and, as tempting as it is to just "have a taste" sometimes, I don't want to go back to early days of HUNGRY.

I feel like I have a ton of energy, but I poop out fast.

Not saying that I can't wait for surgery, I am just enjoying the pre-op.

Although...clear fluids starting on Sunday is going to be interesting. I think I am going to miss the shakes!

Referral St. Joe's, Hamilton - Surgery May 28, 013 

Zmimshen
on 5/23/13 3:25 am - Canada
RNY on 01/15/13

I had the exact same High about one week into the Opti. It was the best I felt in a long time and also for about 2 months after surgery... now at 4 months post op I am on the same high again.

ENJOY the ride!!!

Orientation: Apr. 3, 2012; SW&NP: May 29, 2012; Nutrition class: June 19, 2012; Nutritionist: Aug. 29, 2012; Surgeon: Nov. 9, 2012; Surgery date:January 15, 2013; Highest weight: 357     Start of Opti weight: 338.6     Surgery Weight: 322.4   

P_Floyd
on 5/23/13 7:22 am - Canada

"I feel like I have a ton of energy, but I poop out fast."

Yep... That's the Opti-trots alright! 

I think there is an app for smart phones that shows the location of all the public restrooms near by. 

Not really but there should be. 

Long you live and high you fly 
And smiles you'll give and tears you'll cry 
And all you touch and all you see 
Is all your life will ever be.

DSOTM

dna
on 5/23/13 9:28 am - Canada

I had it too !  After I de-toxed I felt pretty good :)

Glad to hear you are surviving opti !

Referral:  August 2011  Information session:  November 2011
Nut/Psych/SW: Spring 2012  Surgeon Meet:  July 6, 2012  Surgery: August 30, 2012

Most Active
Recent Topics