Just poppin' in to say hi!

Northernlightsmom
on 5/27/13 10:32 am - Canada

Hi Everyone, 

I just wanted to pop in and hello.  I just reached the big 40 (lol) and am married with 3 kids. This is the right time for me to take this opportunity for wls and I am running with it.  With this has come all the anticipation, anxiety and nervousness that goes with it.  Reading all of your posts have been so informative, reassuring and inspiring so I just wanted to say Thanks. 

I am thinking of going to Humber or Toronto Western for my surgery so if you have any suggestions/opinions.... I am all ears.

Thanks Tara

RNY Surgery February 10th, 2014

Christine B.
on 5/27/13 3:13 pm - Canada
Hi Tara!! It depends on your postal code which hospital you go to. I think if you google it, something will come up. Once your doctor faxes in the referral, they will get confirmation with the hospital as well. I am going for surgery thursday at humber and i live in pickering. Good luck on your journey, my referral was sent end of january but i know some hospitals have a much longer wait time.
Northernlightsmom
on 5/27/13 10:25 pm - Canada

Thanks Christine,

Having gone through Windsor, I was under the impression that I got to choose where I have surgery. Hopefully the hospital as well.

And best wishes and speedy recovery on your surgery Thursday!

Tara :)

Christine B.
on 5/27/13 11:35 pm - Canada
Oh ok, that makes sense. I know the surgeons at humber have really quick surgery times compared to other hospitals. From what ive heard, they are all excellent surgeons. Im having dr hagen and thrilled that i do. Good luck!! Keep us posted.
Northernlightsmom
on 5/27/13 11:46 pm - Canada

I have heard many good things about Humber so far. Thanks for the info Christine...I am definitely leaning towards Humber.

Tara

Most Active
Recent Topics