I;ve beat my plateau but having a bad day keeping food down

funnelcloud
on 7/12/13 2:42 pm

I am happy and sad at the same time.... I finally broke my plateau...of 245...today I was 233....fewww....

I am having alot of trouble with my pre-existing condition of Gastric Antral vascular Ectasia...in my stomach (bleeding veins...caused by long term NSAID use)...also known as G.A.V.E.  I boiled a sausage tonight...put my false teeth in chewed it well...and darn it...if I threw it all up within one hour.

So back to pureed foods and no pork sausages.   I think why I am losing weight is from eating yogurt, skim milk powder, fruit, ice purees... I sure love my MAGIC BULLET...it's been a god send.

Has anyone else here had the sleeve operation... Mine was done on April 12th....a last minute decision right outside the O.R.  ROOM.  and it was because of the G.A.V.E.    I'm losing my hair..and .with the exception of today... I've been taking my vitamin pill.  I have had my GP do blood work for my THYROID as i'm on meds for that... and I have GRAVES DISEASE...so to rule out if it's acting up again.

I am supposed to be having a GASTROSCOPY...to cauterize the G.A.V.E. veins on July 26th.... I don't like the procedure...but I'll tell you it sure makes me feel better the days to follow.

thanks for listening.

FUNNELCLOUD (Barb)

kristaeb
on 7/12/13 3:08 pm
kristaeb
on 7/12/13 3:14 pm
Hi Barb, my comp is acting up...Sorry about the deleted last post..Congrats on the 233...And I sure hope that they get your G.A.V.E fixed..I also love my Magic Bullet. I wish you the best on the 26th with your Gastroscopy....Take care Krista...

Refered Jan 15/13..Surgery June 27/13 , Dr Hagan.

Most Active
Recent Topics