OHIP APPROVED!

Robin H.
on 7/24/13 2:07 am - Thunder Bay, Canada

Well I have my approval from OHIP for my pannectomy and breast reduction! I will now be meeting with the surgeon again within the next couple of weeks to discuss the next step OMG I am totally a bit scared and excited all at once!

Robin

Dar_Mab
on 7/24/13 2:12 am - Kitchener, ON, Canada
RNY on 03/08/13

Congrats!   Very exciting!

HW: 305   SW: 272  CW: 155  Height: 5'4"

gwynnkitty
on 7/24/13 2:57 am - North York, Canada

Congrats!! :) That's fantastic news! :)

Referral to Surgeon: February 12, 2013 Appointment with Surgeon: April 24, 2013 Endoscopy: April 30, 2013 Referral sent to Bariatric Registry: May 2, 2013 Orientation Appointment: May 27, 2013 Dr Klein Appointment: June 6, 2013 Second Upper GI Series: June 11 Dr Glazer: August 12, 2013 RN/RD/SW: August 29. 2013 Follow-up With Dr Klein: September 23, 2013 Start Opti: October 23, 2013 Surgery Date: November 14, 2013 

dna
on 7/24/13 3:50 am - Canada

That's great news !  That's totally exciting :)

Referral:  August 2011  Information session:  November 2011
Nut/Psych/SW: Spring 2012  Surgeon Meet:  July 6, 2012  Surgery: August 30, 2012

Brenda T.
on 7/24/13 4:24 am - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 05/14/12

Very happy for you.

Brenda             Visit my profile for timelines                         My  is Monica M.

Megan M.
on 7/24/13 5:29 am - Canada

That's great, Robin.  Is it Dr. azad?

Had RNY surgery July 22/11, St. Joe's Hamilton, with the awesome Dr. Scott Gmora.  Had abdominoplasty August 2/13, Scarborough, with equally awesome Dr. Michael Kreidstein.

Robin H.
on 7/24/13 5:35 am - Thunder Bay, Canada

yes Dr. Azad the office will be calling this afternoon to book my appointment now that we know I am approved.... OMG I am excited to be having this at home though.  Pretty scared though just the same I understand the recovery is quite long and I have a hard time staying put with 2 kids and a busy lifestyle but I will commit to it if I want a speedy recovery and no complications.  Keep me posted on how you make out with yours please.

Robin

Megan M.
on 7/24/13 5:47 am - Canada

Ok, will keep you posted.  Only nine sleeps more for me!  But I still will probably want to have something done with the upper regions, so plan on asking about that at one of my post-op appts.  Maybe we can do an OHIP submission before I leave.  What criteria must you fulfill for breast work?

Had RNY surgery July 22/11, St. Joe's Hamilton, with the awesome Dr. Scott Gmora.  Had abdominoplasty August 2/13, Scarborough, with equally awesome Dr. Michael Kreidstein.

Robin H.
on 7/24/13 6:07 am - Thunder Bay, Canada

not sure exactly the requirements but I currently have about a 32 band and at my last fitting at "it fits you" I was an H cup I also have shoulder indents from wearing a bra and Dr Azad suggested that we put in for both.  I am thinking I would still like to be a D or DD cup as I am not small framed and think it will give proportion to my body but I still have to discuss that with the surgeon.

Robin

Wildhorsewoman
on 7/25/13 4:26 am - Princeton, Canada

I had a brest reduction done several years ago, and want to give you a heads up.  ASk about the underarm areas.  They didn't remove tissue from there and I didn't ask, so now I have rols of fat under my arms and my bras still don't fit right.  I am now saving for that surgery as well as a tt.  Good luck.

Most Active
Recent Topics