All I want to do is Eat!

smallisland
on 7/25/13 11:51 am - Canada
VSG on 10/30/13

Hi I am pre-op through Guelph. Well, I am going through a lot of stressful family situations right now and I find that all I want to do is eat. Especially ice cream in the heat.  I haven't been doing my food journal on myfitness pal because the only computer access I have is often short lived.  So I am starting to do a good old fashion diet journal to keep me on track.  I will begin tomorrow.  Other than that does anyone have any suggestions to help....i know you have probably seen this question many times...but here I am asking it again...lol.

Referral Feb 2012, Orientation at Guelph Nov. 29/12, RN, SW and NUT Feb. 13/12, 2nd RN, SW and NUT April 26/13, Dr. Agarwal May 7/13, SW May 22/13. HW 334lbs, CW 269 lbs. Post-op nutrition course August 1/13, Dr. Jules Foute Nelong Sept 9/13, PATTS Oct 9/13, Opti Oct 16/13, Surgery Oct 30/13.

(deactivated member)
on 7/25/13 8:41 pm - Straford, Canada

exercise!  get your butt moving, it will be great preparation for post surgery and as a stress reducer there is nothing better for you!  sweat like you're in the tropics, hydrate and sweat some more!  

Dar_Mab
on 7/25/13 9:06 pm - Kitchener, ON, Canada
RNY on 03/08/13

Just because computer access is limited you can track using Pen and paper and get yourself a good book that will help you manually track calories, protein, etc.       More than one way to skin a cat, as they say.   And as Ian says, start some form if exercise or movement.     Again ideas on low impact exercises can be found in books or the Internet.  Go to local Chapters and browse some books for ideas. Don't have to buy. 

And since I know you are going through Guelph your biggest motivation for trying to make good food choices and getting eating under control, is the fact they won't tolerate any weight gain in between visits.    

Last but not least, ensure you spend time with social worker to talk about coping through emotional times and work on finding alternatives to food to deal with challenges in life.  Remember we all go through events and tines in our life where we will have to learn to cope.  Start now!

HW: 305   SW: 272  CW: 155  Height: 5'4"

GirlSassy
on 7/26/13 6:14 am - Kingston, Canada

Find something else to do. Something where when you are doing it you can't eat...swim, sew, dig in the dirt and plant a flower. Call a friend, colour (yes get a colouring book). You will be hungry after surgery too, and you need to have ways to deal with boredom, stress and lifes ups and downs.

Orientation - April 25, 2012, Nurse - May 16, 2012, Social Worker - May 25, Dietician - May 25, 2012, Abdominal Ultrasound - June 29, 2012, Cardiologist - August 1, 2012 Pre-Surgical Education Class September 19, 2012, Meet with Surgeon September 27, 2012, PATTS November 9, 2012, Surgery Date November 16, 2012 (Dr. Mamazza)

zillah
on 7/26/13 12:08 pm

I keep a food journal in a notebook and record feelings, to do lists, accomplishments, goals etc.  Eat more protein it will keep you full longer, drink lots of water, and if you are not able to walk or exercise for whatever reason clean your house from top to bottom.  Do it quickly and with energy, this will also burn calories and help you keep your mind off of your troubles.  I also de clutter and give to charity at the same time.  If you watch your food intake while you are doing this I promise you will lose weight.  This is what I do because I can't handle the heat and I find that I become so involved in what I'm doing I actually forget to eat.  You could make yourself some popsicles using sugar free jell-o, put in half the amount of water asked for in the directions and you will have yummy popsicles.  I will put my phone number on facebook if you want to have someone to talk to.  We don't have to talk about anything personal but maybe I could offer you some support

smallisland
on 7/26/13 1:26 pm - Canada
VSG on 10/30/13

Thanks everyone for your support.  I have started getting myself to swimming 2x's per week again...so that is helping with the stress.  The suggestions on what to put in my journal are great...i am journaling but not in so much detail.  I am going to work at clenaing the house tomorrow while my husband and daughter are away for the day...and I think just having some time to myself will help.  Thank you again, kiss

Referral Feb 2012, Orientation at Guelph Nov. 29/12, RN, SW and NUT Feb. 13/12, 2nd RN, SW and NUT April 26/13, Dr. Agarwal May 7/13, SW May 22/13. HW 334lbs, CW 269 lbs. Post-op nutrition course August 1/13, Dr. Jules Foute Nelong Sept 9/13, PATTS Oct 9/13, Opti Oct 16/13, Surgery Oct 30/13.

Most Active
Recent Topics