5 days left before surgery

Michele T.
on 8/4/13 6:22 am - Canada

I can't believe how fast time goes by, I have lost 30lbs on Opti thus far and feeling good.  My surgery is on Thursday and I am getting so nervous and excited at the same time.  How did everyone feel before surgery?  Any tips to stop the nervousness? I keep telling myself the same thing I told my self during the start of this journey the reason I am doing this is to be healthy for my family and to be able to live a long and healthy life for them.  Also who had Dr. Jackson from TWH and how was he?

I love this site and I love to hear everyone's feedback :)

Referral from GP October 2012  Starting Opti July 15th  Surgery with Dr. Jackson @ TWH on August 8th, 2013

zillah
on 8/4/13 6:45 am

I can't answer your questions I haven't had surgery yet, but I can wish you good luck.

Michele T.
on 8/5/13 3:16 am - Canada

Thank you :)

Referral from GP October 2012  Starting Opti July 15th  Surgery with Dr. Jackson @ TWH on August 8th, 2013

gwynnkitty
on 8/4/13 6:51 am - North York, Canada

I'm not sure you can really "stop" the nervousness, but my plan is to focus on my family and maybe do some writing when I'm down to that close. Use this time to really get your head in the game, so to speak. :)

Congrats on being so close! It's so exciting! :)

Referral to Surgeon: February 12, 2013 Appointment with Surgeon: April 24, 2013 Endoscopy: April 30, 2013 Referral sent to Bariatric Registry: May 2, 2013 Orientation Appointment: May 27, 2013 Dr Klein Appointment: June 6, 2013 Second Upper GI Series: June 11 Dr Glazer: August 12, 2013 RN/RD/SW: August 29. 2013 Follow-up With Dr Klein: September 23, 2013 Start Opti: October 23, 2013 Surgery Date: November 14, 2013 

Michele T.
on 8/5/13 3:17 am - Canada

Thank you so much :) I cannot believe how close it is.  

Artimesia
on 8/4/13 6:56 am - Toronto, Canada
Wow! Congrats on this success to date, Michele; you are maintaining the right attitude - I will be thinking of you on Thursday and will watch this space for an update after the surgery, best regards, Sheila

Pawsitive_One
on 8/4/13 9:55 am
RNY on 07/02/13

Its completely normal to feel that way - you're entering a new and wonderful stage in your life where things are going to get better and better!!

Congrats with your Opti and I wish you a smooth surgery and swift recovery!!

See you on the bench soon!

RnY: July 2nd, 2013

Michele T.
on 8/5/13 3:18 am - Canada

Thank you so much :)

1greeneyedgirl
on 8/5/13 5:56 am - Barrie, Ontario, Canada

Hi Michelle, Wow you have done so well to already have lost 30 lbs, what an excellent start.  As far as the nervousness goes, I think I will be feeling exactly the same way as you are little later this month.  I'm going to start writing a journal and tracking everything, posting here and talking to people for support.  I wish you all the best for Thursday, and a very speedy recovery.  Keep us posted.

Cathy xo enlightened

Orientation: Feb 2013, Surgeon, Nurse, Dietician: June 2013, Dr. Glazier: April 2013, Surgeon: Dr. John Hagen, June 2013, PATTS: August 2013, Optifast: August 2013, Surgery: HRRH Sept. 5, 2013

Lee71
on 8/6/13 6:07 am - Canada
RNY on 07/09/13

Good luck on Thursday.  It is a very exciting journey.  You have done amazing so far.  I was nervous too.  I had my sleeve converted to a bypass by Dr. Hagen at Humber 4 weeks ago. (2 surgeries was the plan for me from Day 1).  I had some complications after my sleeve (Jan 2010 at the Cleveland Clinic) and was in the hospital for 12 days instead of 2, hence I was worried about my second surgery converting my sleeve to bypass.  The surgery went perfect.  Much smoother than I expected it to.  I am still amazed how great I feel.  I did not get a lot of sleep the night before surgery which I think is common as most of us are nervous.  You will get a great sleep though during your surgery.  LOL.  Good luck !!

Most Active
Recent Topics