Puree Stage Help!

Michele T.
on 8/21/13 12:28 am - Canada

Hi all,

So I start my puree stage tomorrow and have some questions.  Can I eat salsa and hummus with my pureed meats? Also what about low fat guacamole can I have that?  I am going shopping today and have most of my menu but still looking for ideas?  Anyone have great recipes out there for this stage.

Thanks,

Michele 

Referral from GP October 2012  Starting Opti July 15th  Surgery with Dr. Jackson @ TWH on August 8th, 2013

NorthernStar
on 8/21/13 12:48 am - London, Canada
RNY on 06/25/12

Hummus should be fine. I'd be careful of the salsa, nothing chunky. I might be inclined to avoid it because it can be acidic. Not sure if I'd do prepared guacamole, but later in the pureed stage I mashed an avacado and ate a bit of that. That should be fine for purees.

*Lindsey*

Keeping off 133 lbs since 2012!

Referral to Bariatric Registry: May 2011   /   Surgery (HRRH): June 25, 2012         

Lolabug
on 8/21/13 12:53 am - Canada
RNY on 07/23/13

I just finished my puree stage. I've been having refried beans, salsa and cheese all heated up and mixed together. No problem.

Hummus was great too. I even found individual sizes at Wal-mart by my work. Grab and go for lunch.

Laughing cow cheese wedges have been a treat for me every day as well.

Still having lots of premier protein shakes. Today I mixed with some instant coffee and oh boy, so good and takes the sickly sweet edge off. why didn't I think of that earlier? lol

what is this low fat guac you speak of? curious!

Michele T.
on 8/21/13 1:14 am - Canada

Thanks for the info.  The Guac is a garden Fresh from Costco.  It has 35 Cal, 3g of Fat and 0g of Sugar, 1g of protein.  This is for 2 tbsp so if I did only 1 tbsp it would be 1/2 of this.  

I am excited to start of puree stages how did you eat your meat?

Referral from GP October 2012  Starting Opti July 15th  Surgery with Dr. Jackson @ TWH on August 8th, 2013

Lolabug
on 8/21/13 6:34 am - Canada
RNY on 07/23/13

Puréed chili (blue menu beef and beans)

tuna with little bit of mayo and Greek yyogurt  

that was about it really

Monica M.
on 8/21/13 1:13 am - Penetanguishene, Canada

salsa could be a problem. I'd put it through the blender first, and just a small amount to see if you tolerate it ok.  hummus is perfect

Michele T.
on 8/21/13 1:15 am - Canada

Thanks Monica I was thinking the same thing.  I found a great blended Salsa recipe online low in fat so I will try and make it.  I think it will just add flavor to the meat :)

(deactivated member)
on 8/21/13 2:15 am - Straford, Canada

as you have a blender making your own hummus is tres easy and you control what you add.  chickpeas, garlic, tahini, salt, lemon juice, olive oil.  thats it.  you can go lighter on the garlic and lemon juice until you know how your pouch reacts, same with guacamole, avacados, lime juice, onion, salt, tomatoes, garlic, cilantro.  easy peasy and you control what pouchy gets. So much better than store bought stuff!   Just my opinion.  

SuzieQ11
on 8/21/13 3:11 am - Whitby, Canada

lol @ "pouchy". We totally need to design a little mascot for ourselves called "Pouchy" - he could have different expressions for happy, sad, ouch, sick etc.

Hmmmm.... must work on that.

Referral: May 25th, 2013 / Orientation: June 17th. / Dr. Glazer: Sept. 3./ RN/RD/SW: Sept 5./ Follow up SW October 4 / 2nd appt with Dr. Klein: Oct 30 / Surgery date: Jan 15

Michele T.
on 8/21/13 5:02 am - Canada

Thanks Ian just made a homemade batch of Hummus and it was delicious :)

Most Active
Recent Topics