Weird? worries...

starry957
on 8/25/13 2:23 pm

Ok...so, I have been so pleased with my surgery (VSG Jan 8/13).  Recovery was awesome, weight loss has been better than I anticipated.  I've "slowed" myself, intentionally, over the past month/2 months...because I had originally thought that I was pretty much closing in on the goal I had set. 

The weirdness.....yes, I could lose some more...I'm currently teetering on the brink of the highest level of "normal" BMI.  I have family telling me to stop now...I have others assuming I'm going to keep on losing....I, myself, just am not sure?!?!?  what I should be doing.  I have never been given a "maintenance" plan by my clinic, nor were goals, etc discussed.  Currently my "slow the loss down plan" is 2-3 days on plan perfectly (high pro, 30gr or less carbs/day, under 800 cals)...then a day or so more "lax", then back on perfect plan for a couple days and so on....I'm still losing very slowly doing this - although I know it's not a true "maintenance plan".  And, I am still not sure I'm quite ready for maintenance.

I fear that losing much more weight won't actually make the "gross looking" parts (you know, the bat wings, tummy, weird skin areas) look any better - in fact I fear they will start looking even worse??  I know we are all a little different, but for these particular problem areas, do they look "better" if you get right down to lower than you've ever weighed as an adult, or would they start to look even worse??  I want to look healthy, not completely sagged, stretched and gaunt/wrinkly.  Butt is gone, and the "girls" are the smallest they've been as an adult....they might completely disappear if I keep going....

Anyone else get confused around this time period?  Advice? Feedback?

Kerry

January 8th, 2013 - VSG with Dr Paul Sullivan (St Joe's Toronto)

Leanne1
on 8/25/13 9:11 pm - Newmarket, Canada

keep doing what you're doing..

I think 800 calories is not enough to get thru a day; your body needs more to survive. When I was 6months post-op, my NUT said I should be consuming at least 1100-1300cals per day... I thought she was crazy! I realized not long after my 6month follow-up, she was not. I started eating a little more and felt alot better! I had been feeling dizzy ALOT and she told me it was cuz \i wasn't "getting enough". 

Our bodies stop losing when they are ready to! I had heard that too and thought.. ya right! But those are true words. My body like to float between 129-134lbs. It just really depends on what I choose to stick in my mouth. 

happypants
on 8/26/13 2:39 am - Ottawa, Canada

Leanne is right, 800 calories per day isn't enough to sustain your body. I would concertrate on continueing your weight loss. If you decide you have lost to much weight you can always gain some. I did that, I lost five pounds to much and my body wasn't happy with me. I gained the five lbs back and my body is happy. What I am trying to say is that you will know what weight is good for you. I feel that it is better to be underweight for a while than to lose that window of opportunity. 

Ann

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.

Surgery July 22, 2011  Starting weight 270  128 lbs lost  Today's weight 142 lbs                 Ann       

jellyfishattack
on 8/26/13 5:07 am - Canada
RNY on 03/11/13

Starry,

When I was quite upset for a little while and didn't eat enough, I didn't lose weight, I just felt weak and dizzy.  I am sure that under 800 calories is not enough for anyone, and it will prevent any further weight loss.  I don't know how you manage to eat under 800/day.  Do you feel hunger yet?

Please ask your Nut for some advice.  My Nut usually gets back to an email within a day unless she has to ask someone else for advice outside her actual field of knowledge. 

Good luck.

Jenn.  :)

1st appointment - Feb. 23rd, 2012. RNY Dr Cyriac Mar. 11th, 2013.

Most Active
Recent Topics