Received a call from Dr.Lindsay himself!!

nadiras
on 9/24/13 11:51 pm - Canada

Last time I met Dr.Lindsay he could not give me the surgery date because he was so backed up that he was starting to book late January. His secretary said she would call me when she has it all sorted out.

Phone rings this morning at 8:30, its Dr.Lindsay himself. He explained that he is now so booked that he is into March 2014 now and even thats going fast. He is now calling people and telling them the sitution and offering to transfer to other surgeons. I had no issue with that and asked if I could be refered to Dr.Starr. Haha then me and him got into a 15 min discussion on how slow he thinks the current system is and what he thinks needs to changed. 

Now due to all theses changes I have no clue when surgery could be. If I am super lucky it could be this year. I last saw Dr.Lindsay in July.

Orientation May 2013, Surgeon( Dr.Lindsay) July 17, Rescheduled RN/NUT/ SW and got lucky with a cancellation July 18, Dr.Linsday 2nd appt Aug.19, Dr.Lindsay was overbooked switched to Dr.Starr on Oct.8, Surgery Dr.Starr Nov.8,2013

kristaeb
on 9/25/13 12:11 am

Congrats hun,  my fingers are crossed for you...kiss..Krista..

Refered Jan 15/13..Surgery June 27/13 , Dr Hagan.

Member Services
on 9/25/13 12:19 am - Irvine, CA

We hope you get your surgery date soon. The waiting can be the worst!  Keep us posted!

Sunny123
on 9/25/13 12:55 am
RNY on 12/05/13

Sorry your date is delayed. I hope you get booked soon!

I have to say I am impressed that the doctor is calling his patients to relay this message. He must understand how upsetting it could be to some.  How caring is that??

Jo ~  HW:297 SW: 279.6  GW:160 ~ Don't trade what you want most, for what you want at this moment!!  Dr Amy Neville Dec 5, 2013         

mispysmom
on 9/25/13 1:13 am - elliot lake, Canada
Sorry u are so.delayed... awesome.of the doc to call u himself so many doctora.have their secretaries.do tge hard.phone calls....he is super nice ( he is my doctor) i.saw him.last.week, he sat with us for quite some time talking to me, then he turned to.my.husband.and.asked him if.he.had.questions.or.concerns....i thought tht was classy

Amanda

Hanneli xoxo
on 9/25/13 1:23 am - Sudbury, Canada
RNY on 10/30/12

Are you going through the Sudbury Bariatric Assessment Centre?

mispysmom
on 9/25/13 5:30 am - elliot lake, Canada
I was thru.sudbury

Amanda

Hanneli xoxo
on 9/25/13 5:33 am - Sudbury, Canada
RNY on 10/30/12

me too :) I will be a year post op October 30 :)

1greeneyedgirl
on 9/25/13 2:35 am - Barrie, Ontario, Canada

Hope your time comes around sooner for you.

Cathy xo

Orientation: Feb 2013, Surgeon, Nurse, Dietician: June 2013, Dr. Glazier: April 2013, Surgeon: Dr. John Hagen, June 2013, PATTS: August 2013, Optifast: August 2013, Surgery: HRRH Sept. 5, 2013

nadiras
on 9/25/13 3:30 am - Canada

No I am going through the Toronto ones. Thank you everyone, I do hope I find out soon whats going on. One thing I forgot to ask him is how does this process totally work. Because I assume I dont go through a bunch of appointments again. I wonder if they would just call me with surgery date or if I have to meet that doc first.

Orientation May 2013, Surgeon( Dr.Lindsay) July 17, Rescheduled RN/NUT/ SW and got lucky with a cancellation July 18, Dr.Linsday 2nd appt Aug.19, Dr.Lindsay was overbooked switched to Dr.Starr on Oct.8, Surgery Dr.Starr Nov.8,2013

Most Active
Recent Topics