abdominal and lower back pain question

stephanie2011
on 10/9/13 3:14 am - toronto, Canada

I haven't posted in a loooong time but thought I would check in here to see if this sounds familiar to anyone. I have a call in to my dr for an appt but wanted to make sure I am asking him to check the right things so am looking for suggestions.

I am 17 months out.  For 2 days now, i feel full.  When I eat or drink, I feel like I am literally stuffing myself and it is extremely uncomfortable/borderline painful.  For example, a small tin of flavored tuna and 4 crackers made me fill uncomfortably full.  This is not normally a problem for me.  I had a very comfortable bowel movement today - no constipation and still feel this way.  I took a gas-x last night, no noticable relief.  In addition to the very full feeling, I also have pain in my lower back, both in the hips just below my waist and above the waist below my bra line - on both sides.  There are no other reasons for the back pain and it started with the stomach issues so am relating them. 

Has anyone experienced this before?

Steph

Referral: Aug 3, 2010       Info Session: Dec 12, 2011   
Nurse Appt: Jan 30, 2012    Diet/Nut Appt: Feb 8, 2012
Surgery Class: Jan 24, 2012
Meet Surgeon: Feb 8,2012    Start Optifast: April 24, 2012
Surgery Date: May 8, 2012

chipmunk_roasting
on 10/9/13 4:35 am - Ottawa, ON, Canada

I've not experienced that, but wanted to post and say that you're doing exactly the right thing in getting it checked out.

A thought occurred that it might be an ulcer, or referred pain from one?   Are on you an acid reducer, such as PrevAcid?

No medical knowledge implied here ... just experience with back pain that turned out to be relieved with a prescription for PrevAcid.

Feel better soon.

Marilyn (aka mmm)

Referral - March 2011 // Orientation - Ottawa - July 8, 2011 // Surgery - January 23, 2013

stephanie2011
on 10/10/13 7:18 am - toronto, Canada
Thanks for the suggestion re ulcer. I did take a prevacid to see if it would resolve it but it did nothing. I also thought it might be gas..

Monica M.
on 10/9/13 9:48 pm - Penetanguishene, Canada

I don't like this kind of pain that you're having. I have not experienced it before, but it doesn't sound good to me. It could be something as "simple" as an ulcer. Have you got your gall bladder still? Get it checked out, and don't let them pass you off. Insist that it gets investigated.

stephanie2011
on 10/10/13 7:25 am - toronto, Canada
Hey monica,the pain escalated later in the evening after dinner so I went to HRRH and got checked out. They couldn't do an Ultrasound that night so I went back today and did that. It came back clear and Dr Starr came to check me out. Says it could be an ulcer, gallbladder or twiststed bowe or nothing Offerred a ct scan or scope but we decided on a wait and see approach since I was no longer in pain. He gave me his # to call if I experience ANY discomfort in the next few days. I was able to eat a salad this aft but I just finished some raspberries and crackers and am starting to feel icky again. If it dosnt pass I will go back over. Thank goodness I live close to HRRH. I do have my gallbladder and suspect that is the issue - especially given the location of the pain but nothing showed up on the US?? Is that still possible?

LittleMiss2013
on 10/10/13 7:04 am - Canada
RNY on 10/22/13

I agree with Monica. I would get a CT scan if it doesn't clear up quickly. Let us know how you are and what you find out ok? Good luck.

Opti October 1. PATTS October 8th and RNY Surgery October 22, 2013

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

(deactivated member)
on 10/10/13 9:49 am - Peterborough, Canada
RNY on 10/19/12

I agree with Monica, go for the Cat Scan. it is simple and should give you some results right away. Best of luck.

Most Active
Recent Topics