Plastic surgeon

AllaP
on 10/11/13 1:24 am - Vaughan, Canada

Does anybody know who's the best plastic surgeon in getting approvals with OHIP? 

I'm 38D. I have big problems with my shoulders and upper back. My GP thinks that it could be due to the breast weight. But he says you have to be at least DDD cup to be approved. I don't think he's right.

What is the criteria?

Thank you,

Alla

Mallory
on 10/11/13 3:24 am - Toronto, Canada

As far as I know, your breasts need to hang a certain length from shoulder to nipple.  I do not know the length, but I do know that Dr. Michael Kreidstein is an awesome PS!

You can see his site at http://www.drkreidstein.com/.

~ Harshing On Grooves Since 1967

~ Acting My Shoe Size Since 1984

Megan M.
on 10/11/13 7:37 am - Canada

Dr. kreidstein certainly is awesome, and I highly recommend him!  I saw him end of September and he told me that for surgery to  be considered a reduction, he had to remove 250 grams (I think), but I don't know if this is total or per breast.  He is definitely worth seeing and talking to.  I really like him - very happy with my tt, and wish I could afford the boobs.

Had RNY surgery July 22/11, St. Joe's Hamilton, with the awesome Dr. Scott Gmora.  Had abdominoplasty August 2/13, Scarborough, with equally awesome Dr. Michael Kreidstein.

reliena
on 10/11/13 8:44 am - Toronto, Canada
VSG on 05/06/14

Hiya - you are not likely a 38D. I don't say that because I think you are delusional (hehe) but because something like 75-85% of women are wearing the wrong size, because they don't know how to measure themselves. The way a bra size is determined is simply but generally misunderstood. The band size should be the actual measurement of the circumference underneath your bust. Then the cup size is actually the difference, in inches between your bust circumference and your underbust circumference. So if you measured 34" in the underbust, and 36" in the bust, you're a 34B, if your bust is 38", 34D. In my case, for years I wore a 40D.... I got remeasured and I was actually a 36GG! 9" bigger in my bust. Hard to believe, but true!

If this is all a little much for you, I would highly recommend being measured at a specialty bra store, like Secrets From Your Sister here in Toronto. You might be surprised! If your boobs are hurting your back, I would be shocked if they are only 4" greater than your underbust.

Referral 08/13, Orientation TWH 09/18/13, SW 09/26/13, NP 09/26/13, Surgeon Appt 12/13/13, MRI 01/06/14, Nut Class 01/14/14, Nut 01/20/14, Scopes 02/21/14, Psych 02/25/14, Dr. Urbach 03/28/14, PATTS 04/15/14, SURGERY 05/06/14!!! 

AllaP
on 10/11/13 9:46 am - Vaughan, Canada

Thank you  for the info.

Lorraine M.
on 10/11/13 1:30 pm - Canada

Hi Alla,

Nice to see you again. The previous posters are correct. It does not matter what your size is. They have to reduce each breast 300 cc(?) of breast tissue to qualify for an ohip paid reduction along with other documented symptoms like rashes. Ohip does not pay for a breast lift which is what I needed because I didnt have much tissue left just a whole heap of skin.

I am having a fleur dis lis (tummy tuck with inverted T) and breast lift done on oct 31st at Humber church st location.. The panni portion is covered by ohip. I am paying for the upgrade to fleur dis lis and the breast lift. A friend of mine used the same surgeon and she had an ohip paid breast reduction and paid for her tummy tuck. She had her RNY one month after mine.

Our surgeon is dr daniel martin, 2221 keele st 416 244 5506. He is young, super nice and has patiently answered my millions of questions. You will find that dr kreidstein is quite a bit more expensive than dr martin. If you are having other work done at the same time you can negotiate on the pricing and work to be done. You will need a referral to go see him as you would for any plastic surgeon that works with ohip.

good luck,.

Steps78
on 10/16/13 9:58 am

Hi Lorraine, do you mind sharing what you are paying for your plastic surgery? If it is too private maybe you could message me? 

Thanks!

As I began to love myself I freed myself of anything that is no good for my health - people, food, situations, things, and anything that drew me down and away from myself. At first I called this attitude a healthy egoism. Now I know its "love of oneself". Charlie Chaplin

Most Active
Recent Topics