So tired on Opti

nadiras
on 10/27/13 12:42 am - Canada

Anyone else find they get quite tired while on the Opti? I am only on day three and feel exhausted, Yesterday I had a three hour nap and still went to bed early. When I woke up this morning I felt like I could use a nap shortly after. My 3 yr old wants to play but I barely have the energy. Another weird thing is I was fine with Opti the first two days, even loved it. Now my stomach seems very upset after I drank it. Anyone else experienced this? Or am I just  plain crazy lol

Orientation May 2013, Surgeon( Dr.Lindsay) July 17, Rescheduled RN/NUT/ SW and got lucky with a cancellation July 18, Dr.Linsday 2nd appt Aug.19, Dr.Lindsay was overbooked switched to Dr.Starr on Oct.8, Surgery Dr.Starr Nov.8,2013

(deactivated member)
on 10/27/13 1:12 am - Straford, Canada

I'm not sure any of us are qualified to state whether you're plain crazy, special crazy or simply crazy (and we do not play a psychiatrist on the net) but folks reactions to optifast run the gambit of yum, meh, gross, headaches, vomiting, runs/trots, etc.  You name it and its been here I think.  Enjoy the ride, keep your eye on the prize!  

Missy_w8
on 10/27/13 1:35 am - Canada

I found that I was really tired for the first few days that I was on the Opti-fast.  It seemed to get better towards the end of the first week, though.  I think that part of it was the absence of caffeine in my day.  I was so used to having the mid-afternoon coffee to keep me going during the day.

I was able to tolerate the Opti....but I had to blend it with ice.  If I simply mixed it with water, I could not drink it.

Hope you find a way to make it tolerable to you....remember, it is only a couple of weeks out of the rest of your life ;)

Referral Sent: Jan. 2012, Orientation: Oct. 2012, Post Op Diet Class: Aug. 2013, Surgeon: Sep. 2013,  SURGERY: Oct 23th 2013!!!

pcgreatlakes
on 10/27/13 2:59 am - Canada

OPTI chocolate is sooooo much better whipped as hot chocolate. that is what got me thru my two weeks of it. I was a bit tired...but try to get your 4 in a day...I never did the whole two weeks I was on it....never had more than 3 in a day.

Referred June 2012.  Surgery Oct 15/2013 Dr. Irbach TWH VSG. Starting weight 287lbs. Started OPTI weight 260. Goal Weight 160lbs.

(deactivated member)
on 10/27/13 4:40 am

yes, i am very tired from opti. 

the first 3 days i actually noticed increased energy.  but by day 5/6 my energy seemed to plummet.  

tomorrow is my last day and i am still quite exhausted on it.  

you are far from crazy, nadira.  you can tough it out!!  :)

Emjaye
on 10/27/13 12:40 pm - Canada

I'm not tired of the Opti, I'm tired of jello!!!!!  (one more week to go!)

Orientation Jan 2/13, Social Worker Feb 27, Nurse Practitioner Apr 29, Nutrition Class May 28, Dietician Jun 18, Psychologist Jul 9, Surgeon Aug 2, Opti starts Oct 14, Pre-Admission Oct 16,  Surgery: Nov 4/13

Mary A.
on 10/29/13 1:06 am

Opti fast is a meal replacement, it doesn't necessarily cover all the vitamins etc that your body needs..being in Ontario and the fact that many people are Vitamin D deficient and don't even know it,

that could be the problem..it's not necessarily your Opti causing your tiredness. 

The only way to know for certain is to have blood drawn...

prior to surgery 323lbs....4 years post-op maintaining between 108- 114 lb loss. 

life is AMAZING when you continue on the right path~!.  Use your surgeons gift to the fullest~!

Mary
surgery done in Duluth, MN

Most Active
Recent Topics