hair perms

reenie33
on 1/1/14 12:49 am

Because I have been losing my hair at a scarry rate I thought I would get a a perm to make it look fuller. Will a perm take? or will it just be hard on my stressed out hair. I realize it is due to not getting in enough protein, and it will come back.

highlandbear
on 1/1/14 12:53 am - Canada

My hairdresser would not perm or highlight my hair for one year due to the damage that my hair was going through and she said it would damage it more.

Diminishing Dawn
on 1/1/14 1:32 am - Windsor, Canada

I'd just stick with a good hair cut from an experienced hairdresser who can give a fullness effect.  The last thing your hair probably needs is harsh processing.  Colouring is bad enough but I'm sure perming is worse that way.

Dawn

17+ years post op RNY. first year blog here or My LongTimer blog. Tummy Tuck Dr. Matic 2014 -Ohip funded panni Windsor WLS support group.message me anytime!
HW:290 LW:139 RW: 167 CW: 139

JJ_
on 1/1/14 6:10 am

Please no perms.  I had my hairdresser recommend adding layers and that helped.  Remember that this is only for a short period of time (approx 6 months) and then the growing cycle begins again.  After one year, I started to let my hair grow out of the layers and now it is all one length (shoulder length).

Good luck in your decision.

Judy

shoshanaApr2013
on 1/1/14 4:53 pm
I agree with other posters that a perm might not be the best thing at the moment.

My sister has very fine hair and it's really thinning out. She uses "Joan Rivers Great Hair Day Fill-In Powder" and swears by it. The difference when she uses it is amazing. I looked into reviews of similar (slightly cheaper) products but the Joan Rivers seems to be the winner. I'm waiting for The Shopping Channel to get my colour back in stock and then I'm going to grab some. My hair is also thinning so I'm sure it will get worse post-surgery.

It might be something you want to try.

Referral: Apr 2013; Orientation (HRRH): Aug 12, 2013; 1st Surgeon Appt (Dr Sohi): Aug 23, 2013; SW/RD/RN: Nov 8, 2013; Internist (Dr Glazer): Nov 14, 2013; 2nd Surgeon Appt: Nov 20, 2013; Start Opti: Jan 3, 2013; PATTS: Jan 16, 2014; Surgery: Jan 24, 2014

reenie33
on 1/1/14 9:29 pm

thanks so much everyone, Im going to look into the J.R hair product online and TSC

Most Active
Recent Topics