Share Your Goals For 2014

Diminishing Dawn
on 1/1/14 12:26 am, edited 1/1/14 12:27 am - Windsor, Canada

Hi Friends

They say that one of the main ways of making changes is to set goals in writing...So let's commit here.  I thought we could make this whole thread now for the beginning of the year...and we can search it out next year to see if we reached our goals. 

I would suggest a handful of goals, not too many.  Something specific if you can (smart goals, right---> specific, measurable, achievable, results-focused and time-bound).

So what are your goals?

For me, I will lose 15 lbs by April 1st in order to get back UNDER my goal weight and prepare my body for plastics :)  That's 3 months to lose 15 lbs which is very do-able.  I will practice much more mindful, careful on track eating and continue with my avid exercising in the new year.

Please share yours!

Dawn

17+ years post op RNY. first year blog here or My LongTimer blog. Tummy Tuck Dr. Matic 2014 -Ohip funded panni Windsor WLS support group.message me anytime!
HW:290 LW:139 RW: 167 CW: 139

highlandbear
on 1/1/14 12:51 am - Canada

My first goal is to improve on my marathon time and triathlon time. My second goal is to try and lose my 5 pounds. I tried all last year never happen. Did not gain an once either. Stayed the same for the whole year but I really want to lose the 5 pounds.  My 3rd goal is a hard one for me and it will take a lot for me to do it but to learn to love myself. My goals are not very exciting but they are my goals.

Diminishing Dawn
on 1/1/14 1:21 am - Windsor, Canada

Amazing goals, my friend! A flippin' triathalon. Kudos!

Dawn

17+ years post op RNY. first year blog here or My LongTimer blog. Tummy Tuck Dr. Matic 2014 -Ohip funded panni Windsor WLS support group.message me anytime!

highlandbear
on 1/1/14 12:08 pm - Canada

this will be my 3 year doing triathlon but I have moved up in the distance and I really want to improve my time on my bike and swim. Happy with the running.  For the swim it will all come down to how rough Lake Ontario is that day.  I am going to do Iron Girl and it for girls only and money is for breast cancer. My goal is 145

(deactivated member)
on 1/1/14 12:53 am - Bumfuknowhere, Canada

For me, I just want to get moving again.  I've had numerous injuries the past two years and am still dealing with one but have been cleared for light exercise.  I want to do 1 mile per day 5 days a week and work my way back up to 2 miles per day 7 days a week once I am fully healed.  These are my bare minimums and would like to exceed them but will keep them attainable for now.  I also really loved yoga when I did it so I think I will commit to one yoga session per week with some less intense modified moves until I am healed as that is how I ripped it the last time, too deep of a position.

Weight has been up and down for over 2 years and frankly I don't care about the number on the scale any longer.  I'd love it to be lower but it's no longer my main goal.  I want to be a fully functioning person and stay active.

Diminishing Dawn
on 1/1/14 1:23 am - Windsor, Canada

Injuries are the worst Tracey.  It's like our bodies are betraying us!

Here's hoping 2014 will be a healing year for you

Dawn

Sunny123
on 1/1/14 1:23 am
RNY on 12/05/13

Sounds crazy, but I'd like to lose a total of 100 lbs by my 50th Birthday (October 6)!

Jo ~  HW:297 SW: 279.6  GW:160 ~ Don't trade what you want most, for what you want at this moment!!  Dr Amy Neville Dec 5, 2013         

Diminishing Dawn
on 1/1/14 1:30 am - Windsor, Canada

It can be done if you rock it.... but it could take longer too.  Play it conservatively with your eating and I think you'll reach it!

Good luck,

Dawn

libra1
on 1/1/14 1:47 am, edited 1/1/14 1:48 am - Canada
VSG on 09/17/13

1- Try to stay positive and never stay later than 5 pm at work -- work was all consuming for me before -- 7 am - 8 pm>> just not necessary -- an avoidance tactic

2- Continue planning and posting daily meals -- this starts my day on an aware path

3- Become more social and active --- Go to gym at least 3 days per week -- just signed up and begin on Jan 13th

4- Lose a total of 60 lbs by February, 80 lbs by May and a 100 lbs by my birthday in October

5- Revisit what I love -- just bought a bunch of canvases and I can't wait to get back at it!

6- Plan for this summer's trip to Vancouver and commit to going to Pairs in March

Thanks for posting this Dawn, I feel more pro-active already!

Diminishing Dawn
on 1/1/14 2:39 am - Windsor, Canada

Wow! You've thought of all domains of your life.

I guess I need to reconsider my goals and think more thoroughly!

Thanks for posting!

Dawn

Most Active
Recent Topics