Toronto advice

needmylifeback
on 1/15/14 9:43 am

Hi

I need some advice please

I have gone through the Windsor center and was told on Dec 20th by the nurse my file was complete and was being being sent to the surgeon location. I had picked Toronto 

Today I decided to call the Toronto site and make sure my file was there, as Windsor has lost a few things on me in the past.

I looked up the bariatric center at TWH phone number and called. I used 416-603-5800 ext 6145. The lady I spoke to was very nice But looked me up and said they did not have my file. And they were up to date

this has really upset me. I have called Windsor and left a message

but now I wonder. Is there more then one Toronto location? 

If they looked me up at TWH and couldn't  find my file. Is it possible I am at another location?

if anyone has numbers for the other locations can I have them please

I am so close after a years wait. I just don't want to delay it any longer

thanks

Ref sent March 27th. Orientation June 27th 2013. Nurse Consult Aug 19. Social-worker and nutrition class Sept 3  SLEEP study Sept 3rd  Doctor Consult Sept 27th...canceled, now Nov 11. Social worker (2ndappt) Oct24   Dietitian Oct 24  Physio appt Dec 13  and final windsorappt post op class Dec 19 Surgery April 8th

(deactivated member)
on 1/15/14 10:47 am

twh is the hub for only 3 centres.  there are more centres in toronto, therefore it could have been sent to another location.  you need to ask specifically which centre in toronto they sent it to.

lets hope it was twh and maybe they just didn't get it yet.  :D

Crystal82
on 1/15/14 10:50 am - Canada
RNY on 01/06/14
Humber River is a possibility. I don't have the number available right now but I'm sure u could look it up.

Surgery January 6, 2014!

shoshanaApr2013
on 1/15/14 10:53 am
I would contact the Registry directly and ask them for your ID number and where you've been assigned, then call the appropriate hospital to confirm that they have actually received your info.

There are 3 other hospitals in Toronto that do bariatric surgeries: St Michael's, Toronto East General, and Humber River Regional Hospital (HRRH). You should be able to find their phone numbers on the Network website (www.ontariobariatricnetwork.ca).

Good luck!

Referral: Apr 2013; Orientation (HRRH): Aug 12, 2013; 1st Surgeon Appt (Dr Sohi): Aug 23, 2013; SW/RD/RN: Nov 8, 2013; Internist (Dr Glazer): Nov 14, 2013; 2nd Surgeon Appt: Nov 20, 2013; Start Opti: Jan 3, 2013; PATTS: Jan 16, 2014; Surgery: Jan 24, 2014

Onward and
Downward

on 1/15/14 7:37 pm - Canada
RNY on 11/07/12

St. Michael's and Toronto East General are both part of the TWH program.  So if she is having surgery at either of these two hospitals, her file will be sent to TWH and her pre-op and post-op appointments will be held at TWH.

Referral to registry: Oct 21, 2011    Orientation (TWH): Feb 22, 2012     Surgery: Nov 7, 2012

Come to Toronto East End Coffee Nights! Click here for details.

Diminishing Dawn
on 1/15/14 11:17 am - Windsor, Canada

Probably wasn't sent yet.  

Windsor patients typically go through TWH.  They have just started regrouping Guelph patients so they could be possibly looking at another centre.  

Call the registry

17+ years post op RNY. first year blog here or My LongTimer blog. Tummy Tuck Dr. Matic 2014 -Ohip funded panni Windsor WLS support group.message me anytime!
HW:290 LW:139 RW: 167 CW: 139

Nanato2
on 1/15/14 11:43 am, edited 1/15/14 11:44 am - Canada
VSG on 02/12/13

There is only two Baratric centres in Toronto which are TWH and HRRH but Windsor patient sent to Toronto are usually through TWH. Maybe Windsor hasn't sent it yet.

Referral- March 2012, Letter April 19, Orientation TWH- June 6, NP - July 3, Sleep Apena test July 16, Internist and SW  - July 17, Nutritional class - July 23, Dietician appt. July 30th, Psych-Social appt - Aug 20th. Follow up with doctor sleep apena Aug. 28th  Surgeons appt. - Dec. 14th Dr. Jackson. Surgery date - Feb 12 2013 - VSG   

Northernlightsmom
on 1/15/14 10:41 pm - Canada

Hi,

I would definitely try to get a hold of Windsor and find out what the delay is. In the November class, people were told that they needed to have a letter of compliance regarding their CPAP machine or there would be a delay. So if you use one, could that be an issue?  Windsor patients as far as I know are only sent to TWH ( I even requested HRRH but was told that was not possible). Keep on this and find out what is the issue.

Good luck

RNY Surgery February 10th, 2014

needmylifeback
on 1/16/14 1:22 am

Thanks for the reply everyone

after speaking with Toronto and Windsor things have been figured out and my file is now in Toronto and I should have my appt next week 

Ref sent March 27th. Orientation June 27th 2013. Nurse Consult Aug 19. Social-worker and nutrition class Sept 3  SLEEP study Sept 3rd  Doctor Consult Sept 27th...canceled, now Nov 11. Social worker (2ndappt) Oct24   Dietitian Oct 24  Physio appt Dec 13  and final windsorappt post op class Dec 19 Surgery April 8th

Most Active
Recent Topics