Horrible night- Food craving

Natyrie82
on 2/11/14 9:32 pm - London, Canada

I just had a horrible night all I could think about was eating. I wasent hungry tho. Im also used to having a betime snack and im trying not to do that anymore. will this get eaiser? what can I do to stop my mind from thinking about food and eating. I feel like Im falling off the wagon

Leanne1
on 2/11/14 9:52 pm - Newmarket, Canada

It DOES get better!! 

When was your surgery?? 

I HAVE to eat before bed! If I don't I am up and down all night. I have been this way my WHOLE life. It is something I talked with my NUT about and she advised me of what I should do, and I do it. 

They say to have breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, dinner, snack. I follow this and do pretty good. I am a night eater. I have to eat something in the middle of the night (ALWAYS have) My NUT and I determined that my blood sugars drop too much in the middle of the night. I eat something small, like a few grapes. 

BELOW GOAL        Happily maintaining 4.5 years out!!   Life is GREAT!!!  Had my plastic surgery! 

Natyrie82
on 2/11/14 9:57 pm - London, Canada

I havent even got my date yet im just starting but they said if I dont change dramatically then I dont get sugary at all and im scared if being droped so I feel like I been starving myself only eating very healthy salads ect.... and 2l of water cuz I was told you need lot lot of water. I getting so discourgaed and moody cuz all I want to do is eat normaly like a normal meal but im forcing myself to eat like a veggi :(

LittleMiss2013
on 2/11/14 9:59 pm - Canada
RNY on 10/22/13

I'm not sure if you have had surgery yet or are doing Opti....but it DOES get easier, and the key thing is once you break the habbit....do NOT.....not even ONCE....go back to that night snack because it does spiral and you will be back at the beginning again.

Now if you are really super loosing your mind and you need to have a snack....have a healthy one or something that you are allowed to have. If you are on Opti, some opti diets allow you to have cucumber slices etc. If you are post op and on liquid....have a protein shake in Chocolate flavor or something "treat-ish". Or even a fat free chocolate pudding.

My Opti diet allowed for cucumber slices (I would have 7 slices with salt) or brocolli, or cauliflower, or celery. I stuck with cucumber because it was the one I liked the most, it was crunchy & salty and hit the spot when I was having a break down. My surgeon said I have the liver of a 35 year old (I'm 40 and he was being funny, lol).

It does get easier....opti gets easier after about 4 days...and after the first week it becomes pretty routine. If you need to distract yourself go on facebook, read here, play candy crush or watch an interresting documentary. Hang in there, you will do fine =)

Opti October 1. PATTS October 8th and RNY Surgery October 22, 2013

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

kristaeb
on 2/11/14 10:00 pm

When did you have your surgery? I would suggest trying to keep yourself busy doing other things. Your whole life needs to change starting with your thinking. You need to try and adjust your life now. I know its hard. I would also call your centre for help if your having a hard time. Being more active has really helped me as well. HEAD HUNGER  can be a horrible thing, you can do this, mind over matter. Embrace this gift you have been given and use it to the fullest hun...I am pulling for you..Good luck Krista..

Refered Jan 15/13..Surgery June 27/13 , Dr Hagan.

LittleMiss2013
on 2/11/14 10:04 pm - Canada
RNY on 10/22/13

Ok well you typed as I typed....so I see you are pre-opti and pre-surgery. Have a snack....if you want one, and it's driving you nuts...have one. Just try to have a healthy one. Grapes are great.....a few. Or fat free pudding when you want sweet......or an apple. Just start by trying to find healthier alternatives for snacks. Then you can work on cutting down if you want. Trying not to do something to the point it is keeping you up at night....you will eventually just snap and binge. Give yourself a treat....just not junk though =)

Opti October 1. PATTS October 8th and RNY Surgery October 22, 2013

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

kristaeb
on 2/11/14 10:23 pm

Ok, so you havent had surgery yet..Littlemiss has given you some great suggestions...Try and educate yourself as best you can before surgery. I had theropy for my over eating long before surgery. Surgery does not cure our heads. There is lots of help out there, you just need to find what is right for you..Good luck Krista..

Refered Jan 15/13..Surgery June 27/13 , Dr Hagan.

Leanne1
on 2/11/14 10:31 pm - Newmarket, Canada

BELOW GOAL        Happily maintaining 4.5 years out!!   Life is GREAT!!!  Had my plastic surgery! 

spooky104
on 2/12/14 1:58 am - London, Canada
RNY on 07/26/12

def have a snack before bedtime like the others said some fruit.. i usually have yogurt or some cheese and a couple crackers...    and add some chicken to that salad :) protien will make you feel fuller and will help your food cravings and will help with after surgery since protien is everything.. but ya if its driving u nuts eating something healthy like fruit cheese or yogurt.. i cant eat the pudding because it triggers my chocolate cravings.. so i try to stick to yogurt..  also if all your thinking about is food try to put your focus on something else.. go for a walk, play a video game,  knit. etc

Referral Date: Feb 3,2010        Orientation Date: April 7,2011  Guelph
Nurse and Dietitian: July 4, 2011 they canceled my apt cause no one was ava :(
Rescheduled Date: August 24 2011  2nd Apts: October 4 2011
Nutrition Class: March 27 2012    Meet the surgeon: April 17 2012

Colonoscopy: June 4 2012   Surgery: July 26 2012

Most Active
Recent Topics