Protein Powder?!

Mrs-T
on 3/21/14 6:52 am - Canada

Hey everybody Happy Friday!!!

I had a question for all of you. I went to buy my protein powder yesterday in preparation for after surgery (plus I just ran out of my old one). Anyhow I was following the list which the hospital gave me and I went to GNC to check them out. I asked the representative to help me find the ones which were listed then he started bad mouthing a few that were on my list telling me the GNC brand protein shakes were much better. He was pushing so hard to sell the GNC brand that I ended telling him I would come back at a later date. With that being said has anyone tried the gnc protein shakes or is there a protein powder you might suggest? Any recommendations or feed back would be greatly appreciated!

Have a great weekend :)

LittleMiss2013
on 3/21/14 8:44 am - Canada
RNY on 10/22/13

I actually had a similar experience at a GNC and never went back. The protein powder I always swear by is the one at the Bulk Barn. It's unflavored so I can add to it and make it whatever flavor I want =) Has excellent stats too. Price is $4. something per 100 grams and it's bulk....so you can buy as much or as little as you want. Great for trying before you buy =). Will link it here for you - http://www.bulkbarn.ca/en-ca/product/health-food/whey-protei n-isolate-90.html?search=unflavored+protein+powder

They also have a chocolate flavor =) - http://www.bulkbarn.ca/en-ca/product/other/chocolate-whey-protein-isolate.html?search=chocolate+whey+protein+powder

Opti October 1. PATTS October 8th and RNY Surgery October 22, 2013

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

m1randa55
on 3/21/14 8:58 am - Brantford, Canada

Thanks a lot for this link LilMiss - have I have been looking for some reasonably priced unflavoured protein YAY :)

Bev from Brantford, Ontario, Canada RNY - Feb.27, 2014 @ St. Joe's Hamilton - Diabetes in Remission & Blood Pressure normal now. YAY!

HW - 303 lbs CW(pre op) - 274.5  at 5 months out 202.5 lbs Current weight on Aug.18/14 is 195 lbs May 2015 at goal - 160 pounds

Mrs-T
on 3/21/14 9:20 am - Canada

Thank you :) I'm going to buy some tomorrow and give it a try:) 

4kidcull
on 3/24/14 2:09 pm - Canada
RNY on 02/16/14

thanks me too!! I am going out tomorrow to get some!

Mary A.
on 4/2/14 5:19 am

Maybe they get a bonus if they sell their brand...not sure..I haven't had a push salesperson except telling me that (x, y & z) are on sale this week and would I like any

I stick to IsoPro unflavoured low carb from GNC...I know what I want and I go in and ask for it and they usually take me right to it.  I don't indulge in conversation about why I need it. I just say that it's my brand of protein and that's what I buy.

prior to surgery 323lbs....4 years post-op maintaining between 108- 114 lb loss. 

life is AMAZING when you continue on the right path~!.  Use your surgeons gift to the fullest~!

Mary
surgery done in Duluth, MN

Most Active
Recent Topics