5 weeks post op - nausea?

Linsie
on 6/28/14 7:04 am - Kitchener, Canada
RNY on 05/22/14

Hi Everyone

I am 5 weeks post-op and I find I get nauseated quite frequently. I have started "real chewing" food. I'm able to eat fruit for the most part, but all other food, seems to make me very nauseated. Anyone else have nauseous feelings when they eat? I did vomit once from it, however find if I sit still, close my eyes and slow my breathing, the feeling eventually after 3 minutes or so. 

That being said, I'm planning a trip to the south the beginning of August. I will be about 9 weeks post op...does anyone think that's a concern? I'm hoping the nausea is normal and in a month I will be good to go! Of course, can't eat those yummy burgers but can work around that.  

Any input would be greatly appreciated! Thanks everyone! 

Buckeye
on 6/28/14 7:21 am - Hamilton, Canada
RNY on 05/26/14

I am 5 weeks but don't have any nausea. I was feeling crappy up until week 4, then all of a sudden it was like my pouch healed and all was better.  I would think this will be the same with you. I think by August you should be good to go. I may go south also then. 

Linsie
on 6/28/14 7:26 am - Kitchener, Canada
RNY on 05/22/14

Phewf really? So hopefully within the next few days I will feel better. My mom is so desperate for a vacation, she said she will pay for me to go with her. Would be a shame to pass up a free trip to Cuba hahaha. No raw veggies and no raw meat will be tough but I can do it. And congrats on your 5 week mark too! 

on 6/28/14 11:05 am - Canada

Hi Linsie,

I am weeks 5 post op too.  I haven't experienced any nausea.  The only problem I have been having is making sure to take very small bites and chew, chew, chew :).  If I don't I get terrible heartburn.  I wouldn't pass up a free trip south either :) Have a great time !

Tom R.
on 6/29/14 2:59 am - Lindsay, Canada
VSG on 02/26/13

I'm now 16 months post-op and I used to have the same problem with eating any heavy protein.  That problem dogged me for a few months but it got better as my stomach adapted and I learned to eat slower and chew more.  Don't worry, time will ultimately take care of it - it was about a year out that I felt "normal" again.

~ Tom

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Most Active
Recent Topics