6 weeks post op

TES
on 8/20/14 12:53 am - Ottawa, Canada

I had my 6-week follow up today and I am down a grand total of 55 lbs. since starting Opticrap.  I'm now 310 lbs.  I have to admit to being a little disappointed.  I was really, REALLY hoping to be under 300 lbs for the first time in my adult life.  I know 55 lbs is great, but not great enough.  This is why I don't have a scale in my home.  I'd be obsessing about the numbers every minute of every day.

Sadly, I'm still on insulin and blood pressure meds ... and probably will be for quite some time.  I am highly insulin resistant and though my blood sugars numbers have come down some, they're staying stubbornly higher than they should be.  Another disappointment.

On the plus sides, I'm down 1 full pants size and well on my way to being down another (belts are my friends ...).  I have more energy than I've had in years and I have collar bones.  :)

TES

Karen M.
on 8/20/14 12:55 am - Mississauga, Canada

I'm sad that the "plus sides" of your post was one measly sentence at the end of your message.

Be friggin' PROUD of what you have done so far!

K.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

jd1971
on 8/20/14 1:44 am

Congratulations!  Keep up the great work you will get there.

Laurie C.
on 8/20/14 2:49 am - Collingwood, ON, Canada

Tes

bet ya, if your appointment had been next week, you would be under 300.  too bad the appointment was on time.  It's all how you spin it!!  Right behind collar bones comes cheek bones often.  and soon you will be complaining about hard chairs, gotta take baby steps sometimes.

Laurie

Surgery:  June 11, 2012--Dr. Starr--Humber

dawn4511
on 8/20/14 10:22 pm - Niagara Falls, Canada
Your doing amazing. This is a journey for the rest of your life it dosent matter how long it takes aslong as your get there and you will. Your rockin it so far give yourself a high five .

10/18/07 RNY ( hw 305 sw 290 lw 189ish) St Joe's 08/14/14 RNY reversal to sleeve. I survived 3 leaks,4 operations and a feeding tube.

Most Active
Recent Topics