Another timeframe question

GentleDomenic
on 9/3/14 4:20 am - Canada

Hello wonderful people, I have been a long time lurker of these forums and have decided to make the move and join the fun!!!

My question is this. I know Humber got my referral on July 13th,as I called the main centre and asked what my status was and a very nice lady told me the info.

Should I have heard from them by now for the next stages?  Its been almost 8 weeks and I would have hoped to get some type of paperwork etc

Does that sound correct? Is this normal ? Am I a little too excited?

Lastly I have the number for Humber, the voice recording says I will get something from them in 12-18 months

Should I leave a message?  Anyone shave there experiences?

Kath L
on 9/4/14 5:41 am

I saw my doctor at the beginning of June and at the beginning of August I was told my orientation would be October 20 in Hamilton.  I live in St. Thomas, Ontario.

Kath L
on 9/4/14 5:42 am

Hamilton mailed me a letter.  That is how I found out.

mum2TNT
on 9/4/14 12:33 pm - Oshawa, Canada

HI Domenic, I am also out of Humber and I was referred MAY 29, didn't hear anything for 11 weeks then decided to phone the clinic itself.  I was surprised when a lovely lady answered the phone, and not just an answering machine!, and she got me into an orientation class on August 18.  At the clinic they informed us that we should hear from them regarding our next appointments within 4-6 weeks from the orientation date........so if I haven't heard by the end of September I am to phone them back she said!

I would call them back tomorrow and ask when your orientation class will be?  They always have cancellations and I am sure they can get you a date!

GOOD LUCK!

Chrissy  ~~~  doctor referral May 29/14; info session Aug 18/14surgeon appt Dr. Starr  Oct 15/14dietitian, social worker & nurse Dec 11/142nd appts dietitian, SW & nurse Jan 19/15;  Dr. Glazer Feb 25/15; 2 weeks OPTIFAST April 15/15; surgery date April 29/15    AGE: 48   HEIGHT: 5'6"  

GentleDomenic
on 9/5/14 6:38 am - Canada
On September 4, 2014 at 7:33 PM Pacific Time, mum2TNT wrote:

HI Domenic, I am also out of Humber and I was referred MAY 29, didn't hear anything for 11 weeks then decided to phone the clinic itself.  I was surprised when a lovely lady answered the phone, and not just an answering machine!, and she got me into an orientation class on August 18.  At the clinic they informed us that we should hear from them regarding our next appointments within 4-6 weeks from the orientation date........so if I haven't heard by the end of September I am to phone them back she said!

I would call them back tomorrow and ask when your orientation class will be?  They always have cancellations and I am sure they can get you a date!

GOOD LUCK!

Thanks so much, Which option did you select when you called in?

Most Active
Recent Topics