Premier Protein Shakes

Pegasus_AM
on 9/7/14 5:33 am

Hi everyone, I hear people talking a lot about how they like Premier protein shakes. I can't find anywhere that has them to trial, you have to buy the whole case. Considering I have tried about 7 different kinds and not liked any of them I don't want to spend that kinda money. I went to Popeye's and they let me try a few kinds of whey protein isolate shakes but I didn't like any of them and no Premier. I tried www.vitalady.com they do not have Premier that I seen, although I did purchase a couple of their starter packs to try. I also purchased some sample packs from Unjury to try as well but still looking for Premier. Costco has them but where I live it's only in chocolate right now and by the case no trial size uugghh. I sent Premier an e-mail and was told I could get them at Walmart but that must be in the US because I have been to several Walmarts here in Ontario around my area (Peterborough, Belleville, Trenton) and I can't find them and Premier doesn't sell trial samples on-line so I was told by the person *****sponded to my e-mail. I just want to try their chocolate, vanilla and strawberries & cream. I know protein is very important post-op that is why I'm trying to see what kinds I at least tolerate and maybe even like a little before hand so I have an idea where to start after surgery. I know my tastes may and probably will change but at least I'll have a starting point to work from versus having no clue. Any idea's would be fabulous, I live in a pretty rural area but I do travel to Toronto a couple times a month. Thank you

Referral May 14th/14, HRRH Orientation Aug/18th/14, Surgeon (Dr.Starr) Appt Nov/28th/14, Clinic Nurse,Social Worker, Dietitian Dec/15th/14, Dr.Glazer Feb/5th/15, OptiFast Feb/16th/15, PATTS Feb/17th/15, Surgery March 2nd/15 HW 230, SW 202, CW 130

Delicious_Delilah
on 9/7/14 5:55 am - Ottawa, Canada

Have only ever seen them at costco by the case. And I don't believe they sell the strawberry here in Canada. Sorry, no help. 

1HealthyMomma
on 9/7/14 6:14 am - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 10/07/14

Ya Costco and Sam's club are the only places. Sam's is in the states. I think all Costco's sell Chocolate and some vanilla but no strawberry in Canada yet. I would love to try the Strawberry. I really like the chocolate but not the vanilla so much. You can pick up a case of 18 for $26.99.

Take Care

Lisa

Laparoscopic Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass On October 7,2014 with Dr. Hagen   

Pegasus_AM
on 9/7/14 6:22 am

After my experience at Popeyes I was very hesitant to try anymore because they smelled so bad and tasted just as bad but I got brave and tried the Pure Protein Ready to Drink shakes just now and they were tolerable. I tried Strawberries & Cream, Vanilla and Chocolate. The ranked then 1. Chocolate 2. Strawberry 3. Vanilla all were tolerable and didn't have that awful smell woohoo progress :-)

Referral May 14th/14, HRRH Orientation Aug/18th/14, Surgeon (Dr.Starr) Appt Nov/28th/14, Clinic Nurse,Social Worker, Dietitian Dec/15th/14, Dr.Glazer Feb/5th/15, OptiFast Feb/16th/15, PATTS Feb/17th/15, Surgery March 2nd/15 HW 230, SW 202, CW 130

Blueiiis
on 9/7/14 6:26 am - Mississauga, Canada
RNY on 08/11/14

Costco, and you can return no problem if you don't like them. I have returned both chocolate and vanilla.

Pegasus_AM
on 9/8/14 1:08 am

You can return them even if you open the case to try one??? 

19star71
on 9/7/14 6:43 am

Keep your eyes open for them. I have seen individual shakes for sale in convenience stores. My gym (Good Life) even sells them next to the water and gatorade.

Surgery done by Dr Gmora at St. Joe's in Hamilton. Feb 3/14-- Pre opti weight: 327. Feb 19th --Day of Surgery weight: 308.  Current weight :175

Pegasus_AM
on 9/8/14 1:09 am

Thanks for the tip I'll keep my eyes open!!! 

pegawatt
on 9/7/14 8:39 am - Canada

I make my own buying Whey Protein powder adding my own cocoa, frozen fruit and milk. Put them in bottles in my fridge, better tasting cuz u do it yourself and add what u want. Way cheaper too.

Hollynik
on 9/7/14 8:52 am - Canada

The smell of most protein powders is gross in my opinion.  The best thing to do is get a cup with a lid that you can't smell the protein.  I have one from Popeye's that has a shaker ball in it and I use it for every shake I drink so I don't smell the protein.  I did try the premier from costco and didn't like them so I just returned the case minus one.  It was not problem to get a refund.  My favourite protein shake is the syntrax nectar roadside lemonade.  I couldn't do the creamy shakes after surgery.  Good luck finding one you like.

Most Active
Recent Topics