Updated: 2 months out- sudden pain?

redviking
on 9/22/14 12:47 am, edited 9/22/14 4:16 am - Kitchener, Canada
RNY on 07/22/14

The pain went away as fast as it started.  Probably lasted about 45 mins in total but it's totally gone now.  I guess it must have been gas, but it wasn't in the normal place. I really felt it in my back.  

I am kind of gallbladder paranoid since my mom had a lot of trouble with hers. And since I haven't had any pain in so long, this kind of threw me for a loop. 

Thanks for all your advice!!

I haven't had any pain related to my surgery in more than a month.  All of a sudden this morning, I have pain that I'd rate at 4-6 out of ten with waves where it's worse.  The pain is under my rib cage in front and back. I can feel it in my shoulders.  It hurts to breath deeply.  I have no other symptoms, no nausea or diarrhea.  

I haven't eaten anything unusual today. Ate raw apples for the first time saturday, had another one yesterday. but I didn't eat the skin.  

Any ideas or recommendations?  I had once gas x pill at work so I took it but it don't think it's gas pain.  I'm seriously thinking I might have to leave work. 

Referral: Nov 12   Sleep Study: Feb 13   Orientation: Feb 13  1st appt NSWD: May 13   2nd appt NSWD July 13  2nd Sleep Study: Dec 13   Post Op Nut: April 14 Meet Dr. Pereira-Hong: May 14  PATTS: July 8 14   Surgery: July 22 14

Monica9811
on 9/22/14 1:04 am - Peterborough, Canada

Call your centre and tell them what you are experiencing. Good luck. 

Karen M.
on 9/22/14 1:20 am - Mississauga, Canada

Agreed on calling your centre for assistance, or even Telehealth for advice. Hope you're feeling better.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Monica M.
on 9/22/14 1:45 am - Penetanguishene, Canada

I had a pain that sounds similar to this, which ended up being gas pain. I seriously thought i was having a heart attack. I went to emerg, and they didnt find anything, so i went home, put a heating pad on my belly, and farted, and felt better.

That being said, it could also be an obstructed bowel. Call your WLS centre, or telehealth. Make sure you tell telehealth that you've had WLS, and that you think it could POSSIBLY be an obstruction.

redviking
on 9/22/14 4:14 am - Kitchener, Canada
RNY on 07/22/14

The pain went away as suddenly as it started. I think you were right and it was gas, but I also thought I was having a heart attack! I was pretty much doubled over and the fact that it hurt in my back kind of through me off. 

Thanks!

Referral: Nov 12   Sleep Study: Feb 13   Orientation: Feb 13  1st appt NSWD: May 13   2nd appt NSWD July 13  2nd Sleep Study: Dec 13   Post Op Nut: April 14 Meet Dr. Pereira-Hong: May 14  PATTS: July 8 14   Surgery: July 22 14

Karen M.
on 9/22/14 4:54 am - Mississauga, Canada

Glad to hear you're feeling better! Keep an eye on that, though. It sounded a lot like the gallbladder attacks I used to get.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Delicious_Delilah
on 9/22/14 2:48 am - Ottawa, Canada

Gallbladder?  Do you still have one.  Pain would be centre and radiates to the back.  but could be an obstruction, especially if it's radiating.  Agree with everyone else...call you Centre or telehealth.  And when in doubt, go to emerg.

DD

sellarsgal
on 9/22/14 9:20 am - Oshawa, Canada

Sounds like it may be gallbladder. It comes and goes randomly, unless you're having a really bad attack, same symptoms. 

HRRH -Orientation Nov  25, Dr. Sohi Jan 17, RN,SW,Dietician Feb 19, Dr Glazer Mar 5, Dr Sohi March 12. Surgery May 28th

Monica M.
on 9/22/14 10:40 pm - Penetanguishene, Canada

thank you for the update!!

Keep an eye on it tho, pain that comes in waves sounds like an obstruction (or gas.. sigh)

Most Active
Recent Topics