What are you eating/doing today? (Monday)

crqvingchange
on 9/28/14 8:22 pm, edited 9/28/14 8:24 pm

Good morning everyone.  Not sure what the weather is supposed to be today, but if it is as nice as yesterday, I will do some more painting outside.  This morning I'm off to swimming, then more painting and more paperwork.  Karen I hope things are getting easier.  

What is your favourite thing about autumn?  For me it has to be the colours of the leaves, It's  the last show of brilliant colour before everything becomes white, then grey.

10 weeks post op

B. Chike and lots of decaf with Hazelnut sweetener

S. Syntrax fuzzy navel and a Greek 50 vanilla yogurt with some pumpkin pie spice in it,

L. 1/3 of a zesty Italian flatout flatbread with turkey pepperoni, mushrooms, 5 Italian cheese blend, made into a pizza

S. Second Chike and a Yoplait dessert yogurt

D.  Spicy shrimp with a blue cheese dip

S. Greek 50 vanilla yogurt with a little apple/black currant SF jam on top

MFP totals Cal. 788,Carb. 52, Fat 19, Protein 102

Have a great day, and enjoy this weather.

Karen M.
on 9/28/14 8:29 pm - Mississauga, Canada

Morning all :)

Feeling better for longer periods, thanks for asking. :) Early start today, not on purpose. Looks like it's going to be another beautiful day out there! I love the changing leaves, the crisp air and the fall produce available - and shining up the crock pot for months of wonderful eats. House and garden stuff to do, the car search continues, a couple of errands to run, meeting a girlfriend for coffee late afternoon to plan for our annual Thanksgiving feast at the local pub (the owner buys all the stuff and lets my bestie and I cook dinner for 40 of our closest friends each year - this is a LOT of fun), home for a late(er) dinner.

Eats for today:

8.5 years post-op

- coffee with cream x 3 over the morning -

B - Source Greek 50, Premier protein shake

S - 1 devilled egg (2 halves), 1 ham/cheese/pickle roll-up

L - 4 oz tuna salad stuffed in a sweet Hungarian pepper (halved and stuffed, both halves), handful of grapes

S - Chike protein iced coffee, later - coffee with cream while out, 1 oz tuna salad, 1 melba toast

D - quarter baked acorn squash, 3 oz chicken breast, quarter cup broccoli salad

S - not sure yet!

Have a good one,

K. :)

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

kellybelly333
on 9/28/14 11:31 pm - Toronto, Canada

Sorry to hear you haven't been well. Here's a hug from me

I've been out of it the past week and a bit. My cold, my Nana's passing and such and I wasn't taking care of myself properly. I was taking my vitamins, but eating some carbs and sugars that I didn't need to be eating. Not mindful at all. But most of all, I wasn't drinking my water. This kicked me in the butt when on Saturday I went to do my long run, and at 26k (I was supposed to run 32 k), I not only ran out of steam fast ("Hit the wall" as it were) but my face was covered in salt, dry salt. No sweat anymore. My tongue was dry and I hurt all over. It ended up hot on Saturday, and I wasn't expecting that either. I never usually run out of water, so this is how much my body was begging for water BEFORE I started to run.

Lesson learned, we always need our water.

That is all on that.

RNY 3.5 years out - marathon training (October 19th!!) - 50 minute tempo run at lunch

B: coffee on the way in, oatmeal

S: laughing cow and ryvita

L: chicken and veggies

S: yogurt and cheese

D: making stew tonight. I made butternut squash soup yesterday, and it is soo good! 

Surgery March 23/2011. Completed three full marathons and two half marathons, two half Ironman distances. Completed my first Full Ironman distance (4 km swim, 180 km bike, 42.2 km (full marathon) run) in Muskoka August 30/2015. Next Ironman Lake Placid July 23/2017!

Karen M.
on 9/29/14 12:21 am - Mississauga, Canada

I am actually well, thanks - just suffering some withdrawal from a med I want to wean off of. Bleah.

Time to start taking care of you again, Kelly. I know how easy it is to forget about ourselves to look after others.

So here is a hug back to you.

Karen

kellybelly333
on 9/29/14 12:28 am - Toronto, Canada

Thanks lady. Vitamins (thus far) in, 24 oz of water in, oatmeal in....2nd cup of coffee....currently warming me up. I'm freezing in the office today!!

Surgery March 23/2011. Completed three full marathons and two half marathons, two half Ironman distances. Completed my first Full Ironman distance (4 km swim, 180 km bike, 42.2 km (full marathon) run) in Muskoka August 30/2015. Next Ironman Lake Placid July 23/2017!

crqvingchange
on 9/29/14 8:26 am

Karen I have one of those tiny crockpots that I am eager to use.  I have a chicken parmigiana meatball recipe that I want to make, but unfortunately my freezer is full of leftovers which I will force myself to get through.  It seems every time we go out to a restaurant I eat part of my meal and the rest makes 4-5 meals in leftovers.  Trouble is I like going out and I am not at the point where I want to throw good food away.  Plus reheating leftovers means I don't have to cook.  We have a visitor coming in a week and a half for three weeks.  I may feed him some of my leftovers, lol.

Karen M.
on 9/29/14 9:01 am - Mississauga, Canada

I have ummmm... 4 crock pots in varying sizes. LOL I do have a tiny one that I use for hot dips but it's too small to do much else.

I get what you're saying about not wanting to waste. I feel the same way but eventually things just don't appeal to me anymore and I toss them anyway. I love to cook, and spend a lot of time cooking, so I'm all "in with the new, out with the old". I share a lot - Andrew, Jesse, my parents and a few lucky neighbours get some pretty great "shares" sometimes! lol

Karen

crqvingchange
on 9/29/14 9:20 am

My tiny crockpot holds about 4 cups which is perfect for the two of us, but hubby won't eat meatballs in tomato sauce so it would all be for me.  I suppose I don't have to fill it to the brim.  I did some batch cooking earlier in the month, now there are so many eggbites and individual ricotta bakes plus all the restaurant leftovers in my freezer.  I went out to a restaurant on Saturday and ordered the scallop appetizer, it was 4 scallops and some mushrooms and I ate it all over 2 hours.  No leftovers, yay.

Your friends and neighbours are so lucky to have you cook for them.  Maybe I should move into your neighbourhood ;-). 

Karen M.
on 9/29/14 10:00 am - Mississauga, Canada

Your freezer sounds like my freezer. lol Costco has a great Ziploc 25 container set on sale - apparently I didn't have enough. haha

Karen

tg2013
on 9/28/14 8:51 pm - Ottawa, Canada

Good morning   I find mornings start so early ...  Another rough night of stomach pain from my Fridays surgery. I am off work for 4 weeks to recover so I will be taking it easy again today. I plan going on a walk or two today  I will strive to go further than I did yesterday.

As for my meals today

I will start with

a cup of decafe tea

B- scrambled eggs, Greek yogurt

S- rye cracker chips with Tzatkiki spread

L- left over pin wheel steak with spinach and Swiss cheese

That's as far as I can figure out so early in the morning  

I don't know how you plan your full menu everyday   I end up  with so many leftovers and have to eat those  before I end up throwing them away

I do not keep Cal or Cab counts. I usually just keep aware of sugar, fat and protein per serving.  Is this something I should be doing ? 

troy

Most Active
Recent Topics