What are you doing/eating today (Saturday)

crqvingchange
on 10/17/14 9:30 pm

Yesterday I couldn't get my entry to post, so fingers crossed today.  This weekend is going to be crazy busy.  In a few minutes we leave to pick up a rental car, then drive to Kingsville to see the wineries and friends, then back home late tonight, that's 6 1/2 hours there and back not counting the driving to wineries, and tomorrow we drive in the opposite direction to Collingwood to see the leaves and tour around Blue Mountain.  It is always the way when you have an out of the country visitor that you hit the touristy spots.  Should mean a fair bit of walking for me, but I'd rather be swimming.  Really don't know what I will be eating, but I will try to order good proteins, and I have packed lots of protein rich snacks.

Have a great weekend everyone.  Kelly good luck with the marathon.  I will post again on Monday.

Karen M.
on 10/17/14 9:44 pm - Mississauga, Canada

Good morning!

Been up for hours - gawd I hate insomnia and love coffee equally as much! In a (mostly) unexpected turn of events and after months and days and countless hours of research, I bought a new car yesterday, picking it up at 11, and if I could turn cartwheels without killing myself, I would. lol Life is rather beautiful some days. :)  Will do some cooking later today (crustless quiche, meatballs, pot of chili), not sure what else!

CC have a wonderful time, sounds like so much fun!

8.5 years post-op (long-term maintenance)

- coffee with cream x 4 over the day -

B - Source Greek 50, Premier protein shake (vanilla)

S - ham/cheese/pickle roll-ups (3) *With respect to these, I don't know how others make/count them but for me one roll-up equals 1 slice ham, pickle slice, approx. .5 oz cheese

L - 2 oz leftover turkey, 1 slice whole grain toast, lots of lettuce, full fat mayo

S - Chike protein iced coffee

D - bowl of chili, shredded old cheddar on top

S - not sure yet

Have a splendid Saturday!

K. :)

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

cspotrun
on 10/18/14 11:35 pm
RNY on 07/01/14

LOL that amount of coffee should keep you awake!  hopefully.

Funny because there was a recent NSV post about cartwheels and handstands.  I chuckled when I saw you post.  See you can do cartwheels if you want to!

Congrats on the car!

Karen   

Karen M.
on 10/18/14 11:42 pm - Mississauga, Canada

I totally can NOT! Couldn't do them as a kid even - I have an aversion to plunging my head toward the ground. LOL

Karen

cspotrun
on 10/18/14 11:52 pm
RNY on 07/01/14

My 13 year old daughter can't either.  But my 8 year old is a flipping machine.  She even does double front and back flips on our trampoline LOL.  All self taught.  Funny how different we all are.

Karen   

TanyaLH
on 10/17/14 10:39 pm - London, Canada
RNY on 05/31/13

16 months post op

steps 12225

Morning

Cold rainy day here, off to the gym before work.

Have fun CC, have a great time!

Karen, yay for the new car! Have a wonderful day

B- coffee, 1 egg white muffin w/ onion, mushroon and cheese

S- (after workout) sm banana, pumpkin protein shake

L- same as breakfat w/ 4 celery sticks w/ 2 tbs humus

D- 3 oz chicken, 1/4 c, green beans, 2 bites mashed potato

S- tea, 1/2 c greek yogurt

Be well everyone,

Tanya

Patm
on 10/17/14 11:16 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Good morning all. Sounds like fun cc but very tiring. Congrats Karen on the car. Grey day today. The last week has been exhausting. The last two days I have ate badly. I greatly doubted I ate enough protein yesterday. Today is back to normal. My husband took the day off to go to the RV show. SO although I am pretty exhausted and sore I will get my act together and go.

B greek yogurt, granola

l salad, turkey

s pure protein bar

d turkey barley soup

Will add more later

cal 740, carb 43.4, prt 56.1

Zizzler
on 10/18/14 2:42 am

That is great Karen, now we are car twins!  What colour did you end up choosing?  Busy morning, went to fit for less for the first time since it was changed from being a women-only gym and it was good, not busy at all.  Hope it stays that way.  Then I went to a workshop on installing laminate flooring, which is on my "to do" wish list for my master bedroom and upstairs hallway.  I also had nightmares last night and woke up at 5am my heart pounding, never really got back to sleep after that.  Bought some new yoga pants in size xl for the first time in over a decade today and it felt good.  So now I take an xl top and xl yoga pants. At my heaviest I took a 4x in both so this is quite a difference.  It was also way cheaper as they were just $10 at giant tiger - I routinely paid 50 bucks at additionelle and penningtons, so this is a nice change.  I am blown away by the selection of items I have to choose from now, I can find something in most stores to fit me.  tonight I am going bowling with friends, have not been in a long time but look forward to being able to throw the ball more easily.

9 weeks post op

b - premier protein shake, multi, b12

s - smart for life protein bar, jsk protein crunch (pumpkin seed squares, omg good)

l - lentils and onions leftovers, jsk protein crunch, calcium/d

s - lf swiss cheese put in microwave for a minute to make "chips"

d - lentils and onions leftovers

s - packet oatmeal with milk, sucralose to sweeten

before bed - omega, d3

Karen M.
on 10/18/14 3:36 am - Mississauga, Canada

RACER RED!

Karen

Zizzler
on 10/18/14 11:20 pm

Wow, that sounds awesome Karen, very sassy!  Congratulations to you on your new baby.

Most Active
Recent Topics