Celebrate 4 in 1 Shakes?

msmuggins
on 10/21/14 3:38 am - Canada
RNY on 01/05/15

Has anyone tried Celebrate's 4 in 1 Shakes?  They contain a multi, calcium, protein and fibre in a shake.  Of course that leaves you taking Iron + C on its own (but they also carry chewables for that).  Just wanted to see if anyone has tried these and what their review is on the taste of the shakes (I'm thinking of ordering a variety pack that includes Chocolate Milk, Vanilla Cake Batter, and Orange Cream).

~ Per aspera ad astra ☆彡 

Diminishing Dawn
on 10/21/14 3:48 am - Windsor, Canada

Many programs suggest not to count on ANY shakes for vitamins.   

Looking at the stats - they are good.  But honestly, there will be many more cheaper, better alternatives locally.  

Dawn

17+ years post op RNY. first year blog here or My LongTimer blog. Tummy Tuck Dr. Matic 2014 -Ohip funded panni Windsor WLS support group.message me anytime!
HW:290 LW:139 RW: 167 CW: 139

msmuggins
on 10/21/14 4:05 am - Canada
RNY on 01/05/15

Thanks, Dawn.  My primary motivation is to hopefully avoid a chewable multi in the first 4 weeks.  I've found one that I can tolerate but only barely.  Ultimately I'll choke down whatever I need to in order to ensure that I'm getting the nutrients that TWH is mandating, but I'm looking for any options that won't see me gagging twice a day (and I'm willing to pay for that for at least 4 weeks until I can take capsules).  I realize that leaves me with a chewable iron + C, but I'm hoping those tabs would be smaller in size (and the dosage is only once a day).  I'll check in with the TWH NUT to ensure that the shakes are ok under my program, of course.

~ Per aspera ad astra ☆彡 

Karen M.
on 10/21/14 5:59 am - Mississauga, Canada

Instead of spending gobs of your cash on these specialty shakes (that you may also hate) I highly recommend choking down a chewable vitamin. Also, no harm in asking if you are able to take pills immediately post-op, some can.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

msmuggins
on 10/21/14 6:37 am - Canada
RNY on 01/05/15

Good idea re: asking about pills, Karen.  I'll do that too.  I've been trying to accustom myself to the chewables, but they really do make my skin crawl.  Right now I'm only taking one a day, the thought that I'd have to take two per day post-op for a month gives me the heebeejeebees!  Who knows, maybe my palate will change after surgery and I'll find the vitamins more tolerable (but somehow I doubt I'll be that lucky).  

~ Per aspera ad astra ☆彡 

Karen M.
on 10/21/14 6:50 am - Mississauga, Canada

I viewed everything that was required of me as "required medicine". I choked back every pill, vitamin, protein shake and any other piece of **** they told me to ingest. (And I probably would have choked down **** if they told me to. lol)

Karen

msmuggins
on 10/21/14 7:08 am, edited 10/21/14 7:08 am - Canada
RNY on 01/05/15

Ha, well I've heard that being on Opti probably qualifies as that...  In the end I'll be sure that I get all the supplements I'm supposed to have (even if I hate them) because the freaky deficiencies scare me even more, but I'm trying to ensure that I have options that may be slightly less icky than others.  But if I do have to bolt them down, I'll tell myself, "This is what Karen would do!" 

~ Per aspera ad astra ☆彡 

Karen M.
on 10/21/14 7:41 am - Mississauga, Canada

You can take my name in vain if it helps. "This is what that ***** Karen would do".

Karen

1HealthyMomma
on 10/21/14 8:30 am - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 10/07/14

I literally just laughed out loud reading this. Sometimes you kill me Karen.

Laparoscopic Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass On October 7,2014 with Dr. Hagen   

Karen M.
on 10/21/14 8:32 am - Mississauga, Canada

I aim to please. And amuse. ;)

Karen

Most Active
Recent Topics