Meeting with Surgeon on Friday at TWH

sadgirl89
on 10/28/14 12:44 pm

Hello everyone!

I didn't know there was an Ontario Forum!

It's my first time posting on this site... I'm really shy but I'm trying to break out of my shell, so here I go!

I am a 25 year old female, I'm 5"4, weighing in at 249 pounds. I was first referred to the program in July, got my letter in the mail 4 weeks later  (August) for Orientation in October, I called and went to Orientation the very next day I forgot the day it was mid August...at the end of orientation I got a slip with my next 3 appointments which were spaced so far apart Social worker appt was the ending of October the Nurse appt was in November  and the nutrition class was in December... 

I called everyday and managed to get the social worker and nurse appointments a day apart for the second week of September... My nutrition class was changed to the following week as well. At the end of my Nutrition class I got a slip with the remaining two appointments before my final appointment with my Surgeon, which was for Oct 7th (dietician) and oct 21st (psychiatrist) I managed to get that appointment moved to Oct 8th.

Last week Friday I received a call from TWH with my surgeon appointment date which is for Oct 31st... I'm excited but at the same time nervous... Why should I expect going into this appointment? What questions should I ask him?

please help

Jiliana2
on 10/28/14 10:09 pm - Ottawa, Canada
VSG on 02/03/14

I just wanted to say welcome to the forums! And congrats on getting your surgeon appointment for this week. That's fantastic!

I cannot advise you on a timeline because I am from Ottawa and every centre is different. I'm sure some TWH folks will chime in.

In the meantime, good luck with your preparations for surgery. I hope everything goes super smoothly for you.

OTTAWA -- 2011 - Contemplated WLS Feb. 15, 2013 - GP Feb. 20 - lung functioning Feb. 22 - blood work Feb. 27 - Referral April 19 - orientation, bloodwork July 10 - nurse July 23 - rheumatologist (VSG) Sept. 12 - Behaviourist & Dietician Oct. 23 - Echocardiogram Nov. 6 - Pre-surgery Class Nov. 12 - Surgeon Jan 13, 2014 - Optifast (3 wks) Jan. 27 - PATTS Feb. 3, 2014 - Surgery (VSG)
HEIGHT: 5'5" HW
303 Pre-Opti 297 SW 271 GW 170 CW 200 (Feb. 8, 2018 - damn the regain!) VSG with Dr. Yelle

sadgirl89
on 10/30/14 1:30 pm

Thanks so much!

Ivanova8
on 10/29/14 5:56 am - Toronto, Canada

Welcome to the forum!

You could try searching Google or this forum for questions to ask.  I've compiled a list in a Word .doc as questions came up that I want to ask about.  Weight Loss for Dummies is a great resource too if you could get a copy before Friday.  Maybe the library or a Kindle download? 

Good luck!

GP Referral June 2014 / Orientation Sept 2014 / Social Worker Oct 2014 / 1st Nurse Oct 2014 / Psych Oct 2014 / NUT Class & Dietitian Nov 2014 / 2nd Nurse Nov 2014 /Surgeon Consult Dec 2014 / Surgery Jan 12, 2015

sadgirl89
on 10/30/14 1:31 pm

I'm definitely going to google some questions thanks!

Most Active
Recent Topics