Orientation tomorrow!!

RYMEBE73
on 11/11/14 11:14 pm - Guelph, Canada
RNY on 06/30/15

My second go around starts tomorrow!  I'm so excited and nervous and excited!! LOL  I've had all my blood work done, still am waiting for the call for the sleep study...hope it's soon...anyone else heading to Guelph tomorrow afternoon??

Moving on doesn't mean you forget about things.  It just means you have to accept what happened and continue LIVING  

lyshy
on 11/13/14 8:57 am - Canada

How did it go at orientation today?  Learnt lots I bet?  I'm about one month ahead of you but we'll be close-ish together on this journey.

Guelph - Referral: August '14. Orientation: Oct 23/14. Nurse: Nov 26/14. Dietician/SW: Dec 12/14. Nurse 2/Dietician 2: Jan 20/15. SW 2: Jan 30/15 CLEARED by all 3! Feb '15: H Pylori testing.  Pre-surgery nutrition class: Mar 23/15.  Meet surgeon: May 22/15 with Dr.Reed   Surgeon Appt #2: June 16/15.  Surgery date: Aug 20/15.

RYMEBE73
on 11/13/14 9:24 am - Guelph, Canada
RNY on 06/30/15

It was good...not as many people as it was 2 years ago. It was great hearing about a success story.  I'm calling first thing in the morning!

Moving on doesn't mean you forget about things.  It just means you have to accept what happened and continue LIVING  

lyshy
on 11/13/14 10:16 am - Canada

Interesting.  About how many ppl were there today?

there were about 12 'prospective patients' around the table last month (support ppl sat around the outside). 

Guelph - Referral: August '14. Orientation: Oct 23/14. Nurse: Nov 26/14. Dietician/SW: Dec 12/14. Nurse 2/Dietician 2: Jan 20/15. SW 2: Jan 30/15 CLEARED by all 3! Feb '15: H Pylori testing.  Pre-surgery nutrition class: Mar 23/15.  Meet surgeon: May 22/15 with Dr.Reed   Surgeon Appt #2: June 16/15.  Surgery date: Aug 20/15.

RYMEBE73
on 11/13/14 10:34 am - Guelph, Canada
RNY on 06/30/15

About that as well (12), huh two years ago there was about 30-40?  Guess they're going with smaller numbers now to get through quicker? Or is there less obese people going the surgery route?

Karen M.
on 11/13/14 8:38 pm - Mississauga, Canada

I highly doubt that there are fewer people going the surgery route - numbers have increased exponentially over the years. They are likely making improvements to the process by limiting the number of potential candidates at the orientation session (and offering them more frequently) to encourage a more focused information session - people tend to pay better attention and ask pertinent questions in a smaller setting. (At least I HOPE  that is the reason!)

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

RYMEBE73
on 11/13/14 11:01 pm - Guelph, Canada
RNY on 06/30/15

I know...but wouldn't it be somewhat nice to think that there isn't that many more obese people around anymore? that either they've already had the surgery and are living their lives to the fullest or that they were able to do it on their own?  That we finally are strong enough to put our demons behind us?  Just a thought...as here I am still going through my journey and I know Guelph is only one of a few clinics that are performing the surgery, so need to get those rose-tinted glasses off...realize that it will be an ongoing issue for a very long time as those that have been through it, those that are going through it, those that are thinking about it and those that haven't hit the idea as yet...  Yes, they're improving the structure of the process, it was intimate that you were able to understand what was being said, no one felt "lost in the crowd" and was able to be heard.  

I'm ready for the next step myself, I've already called and have my Nurse appt for December 16, then the social worker and dietician January 6th!  New life, here I come!!

Karen M.
on 11/14/14 12:23 am - Mississauga, Canada

You only have to watch the news, pick up a newspaper, watch any TV at all, read any publication at all, walk in a mall or supermarket, visit a classroom full of children, and you'll see what an enormous, prevalent issue the disease of obesity is. Sure it would be nice to think people are "not as obese anymore", but that would be downright delusional.

Karen

RYMEBE73
on 11/14/14 12:33 am - Guelph, Canada
RNY on 06/30/15

McDonalds would have a fit if that ever happened!! down with the Big Mac!! LOL  I know, I am well aware of the issue, just thought maybe at least one province or area of a province was improving with it.  There's a lot more people than we realize in this great big world, that's for sure, and more than enough of them are tipping the scales of obesity.  I am extremely fortunate to have found this forum where more and more are becoming aware and making changes to even slightly change the percentages.

Karen M.
on 11/14/14 12:52 am - Mississauga, Canada

I think Ontario is light-years ahead of other provinces. Check out their forums here on OH - completely dead with occasional posts of a 7 year waiting list. :(

Karen

Most Active
Recent Topics