When they say no NSAIDS they mean it!

NewMe2.0
on 4/8/15 10:33 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 05/20/14

Thanks Zizz.  Yup I pretty much hit rock bottom...everything was shutting down.  I think I am on the mend now...feeling a bit better and stronger everyday.  No more nsaids for me.  lesson learned.

• Referral:  Feb 2013/ Guelph  
  • RNY May 20th 2014 (Dr. Bhojani)                                                                         
  • 2nd RNY (revision due to marginal ulcers) Aug. 10th 2015 ( Dr. Bhojani)  
  • Revision to VSG (marginal ulcers): March 22nd 2016 (Hamilton, Dr. Hong)
  • Total Gastrectomy:  Dec. 15th 2016 (Hamilton, Dr. Hong)

LittleMiss2013
on 4/8/15 9:57 am - Canada
RNY on 10/22/13

Lucky you made the decision to go there. Hope you will get some relief from all this soon. It's funny you posted this...I JUST called my bariatric office to ask if I could take Meloxicam (an Nsaid) for ONE day each month. The ER dr recommended that I take them even though I am not allowed for the one day because I have Adnomyosis and get incredibly painful cramps. I have decided NOT to take them and just suffer, but I may be looking at having to get a hysterectomy as well.  Hope you feel better soon

Opti October 1. PATTS October 8th and RNY Surgery October 22, 2013

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

NewMe2.0
on 4/8/15 10:39 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 05/20/14

Thank you.  The hysterectomy part went well, it was the bladder repair that caused the pain (severe spasming), hence the 24hr round of nsaids.  I also got severely dehydrated (3x), as I couldn't keep anything down...and this contributed to the ulcers as well.

I don't know if once a month would hurt or not, but I know for me, I wont be taking any more nsaids.

Good luck with everything.

W8_No_More
on 4/8/15 12:43 pm - Kitchener, Canada

Wow! You have really been through an awful time. So glad to hear things are looking up! It's kind of interesting because I was in Guelph today for my follow up and the nurse told me I could take Ibuprofen on occasion if I needed something and had no other options. I don't have any intention of taking it for a headache etc as I always have Tylenol with me but I will remember your story if I'm ever tempted to resort to an NSAID. I would rather suffer through a headache. Take care of yourself and thanks for the lesson! Kim

Dr Referral Jan/14, Guelph Orientation Feb 27/14, Nurse, Nut, SW app't Mar 14 & June 16/14, Nut, SW Aug 26/14, Internist Dr. Agarwal app't Sept 15/14, Surgeon App't Dr. Bhojani Dec 11/14, Start 3 weeks Opti Jan 6/15, Surgery Jan 27/15. Eating to live...Not living to eat!

NewMe2.0
on 4/8/15 11:44 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 05/20/14

Thanks Kim.  I don't know if taking ibuprofen once in awhile would do harm or not.  It just turned out that the nsaid I took could apparently put a hole in a normal stomach.  Stress and dehydration also played a part, but I think the dehydration part came after I had the ulcer, as I couldn't keep anything down.  I know for me, that I am not going to risk nsaids, unless its required to save my life. 

Karen M.
on 5/6/15 4:48 pm - Mississauga, Canada

What a terrible, nasty thing to say to you. That "lady" 8244242 (and I use the term loosely) is clearly a complete ***** Too bad she's so bitter and angry inside. And she wonders why everyone on OH is "so mean" to her. You know what they say - therapy can heal wounds but it can't fix nasty. Or stupid for that matter.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

birdiegirl
on 5/6/15 5:05 pm

As you can see Karen, the original posts have been removed.   What kind of person looks up a month old post just to harass the Op.  

Karen M.
on 5/6/15 5:26 pm - Mississauga, Canada

Yes, I see that now. Just as well, no one needs to be harassed or bothered with such bitterness.

Karen

(deactivated member)
on 5/6/15 8:14 pm - Bumfuknowhere, Canada

She deactivated yet again.  Now to wait for the return of yet a new name by her. 

Karen M.
on 5/7/15 2:36 am - Mississauga, Canada

She'll be back I'm sure, with a new name and an old attitude. What a miserable existence. Bye now!

Karen

Most Active
Recent Topics