Suggestions for an upcoming road trip

TES
on 6/8/15 12:03 pm - Ottawa, Canada

At the end of July a girl friend and I are driving from Ottawa to Amherst, NS (approximately 16 hours).  We're going to drive straight through and want to put together a good collection of bariatric friendly "road food".  She's 7+ years post-op and trying hard to lose some significant regain so we're both on the same page, food-wise.

Right now, the only thing we can come up with is some tortilla roll-up (using the Mama Lupe low-carb, high protein wraps and some extra lean deli meats), and some nuts.  The food has to be able to be eaten WHILE driving (we ain't stopping for nothing but potty breaks and to pick up fresh drinks).  We know the urge to nibble what driving is high, so we want some really good, healthy, options.  

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

TES (Eastward Bound soon-ish)

Catw
on 6/8/15 12:17 pm - Arnprior, Canada

Take a cooler with you, then you can add refrigerated stuff.  Here are some snack suggestions:

Cheese Strings/Babybelle; turkey pepperettes, pre-cut veggies, cleaned up fruit, raisons, beef/turkey jerky, nuts, protein bar.

Yogurt for the non driver.

I might be able to think of more later, but it's a start.

Cathy

crqvingchange
on 6/8/15 2:48 pm

A cooler is a good idea, but why not check out Eggface's Bento box lunches.  She has great ideas for bariatric friendly snacks, lunches, etc.

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Patm
on 6/8/15 4:10 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

roasted chick peas. Should be made into portioned packages. celery with sf peanut butter.

Herecomeshealth
on 6/8/15 4:18 pm

Snapea snacks. You can get portion sized pkg at Costco 100 cal per pkg. delish

Drvn2skcede
on 6/10/15 11:41 am

I noticed Walmart grocery had a good selection of protini's the last time I was in there.  They were like mini lunchables like the kids have (and they were sold in the same section of the cooler), but they were just protein-based containers.  http://www.protinis.ca/en/product.html

Boiled eggs

Hummus/sesame cracker combo packs

Referral (OWMC): January 12, 2015; Orientation: April 20, 2015; Intake Nurse: Jul 8, 2015; Beh/Nut: Oct 20, 2015. Beh2: Nov 23, 2015; Nut2: Dec 15, 2015; Pre-Sx Class: January 22, 2016; Surgeon Appt: February 8, 2016; Surgery: March 9, 2016.

TES
on 6/10/15 2:41 pm - Ottawa, Canada

Never thought of the Protinis!  I have them for lunch quite often.  THanks!  Boiled eggs are also great.  Thanks again!

TES

Most Active
Recent Topics