physical hunger pains 7 days after surgery?

Darbaybe_2014
on 7/20/15 8:50 am - Kitchener, Canada

Hey Everyone, I had my surgery July 14 at Guelph General. Everything has been going great. Getting my clear fluids in and very little discomfort, walking....only thing is I feel drained from lack of caloric energy..other than that no problems.

Up until this morning I have had no physical hunger cues at all....just ate at the meal times like required...well.....this morning I am actually feeling a little hunger pains in my tummy...I heard that after WLS we would not have that feeling, is that correct?   Is this maybe just my tummy gurgullng lol for other reasons....OR is it normal to resume feeling physically hungry again?     

Referral to Guelph:  January 2014 ~ Orientation Guelph: April 24.14~ Meet Nurse: June 03.14, August 28.14 ~ Meet SW: June 16.14 & Aug.28.14 & Feb.09.15   ~ Meet Dietician: June 16.14, August 28.14 & Nov.19.14~  Dec.31.14 & Feb.05.15 Meet Internist Dr Agarwal: Sept.28.14 ~ Post Op Nutrition class: March 16.2015  Meet Surgeon: April 16.15 ~ Approved for surgery: April 16.15 ~  Surgery Date: July 14.15 ~ Started Opti:  July 07.14~ Opti Starting weight: TBD~ Surgery weight: TBD ~ Goal weight: 150  

Karen M.
on 7/20/15 8:55 am - Mississauga, Canada

Tummy gurgles and various other ungodly sounds from the gut are totally normal lol

did they send you home on a PPI? Acid can often mimic hunger. 

Welcome to the bench :)

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Darbaybe_2014
on 7/20/15 9:09 am - Kitchener, Canada

Hi Karen, yes a little  pink and black pill. I take it in the morning. I am thinking it might be gas or just the feeling of an empty tummy?  Getting used to this new little pouch is interesting.  I am thinking it could be that last night for dinner I had beef stock for the first time instead of chicken stock..and I am able to sip my fluids and eat my jello a wee bit quicker the last couple days ( still slow, but not like the first few days)...so maybe just reacting to some of those changes? 

I am so happy to be on the bench and thankful for all the support and help from folks like yourself who have been role models of success and offer so much wisdom to us "newbees"

Dar 

Referral to Guelph:  January 2014 ~ Orientation Guelph: April 24.14~ Meet Nurse: June 03.14, August 28.14 ~ Meet SW: June 16.14 & Aug.28.14 & Feb.09.15   ~ Meet Dietician: June 16.14, August 28.14 & Nov.19.14~  Dec.31.14 & Feb.05.15 Meet Internist Dr Agarwal: Sept.28.14 ~ Post Op Nutrition class: March 16.2015  Meet Surgeon: April 16.15 ~ Approved for surgery: April 16.15 ~  Surgery Date: July 14.15 ~ Started Opti:  July 07.14~ Opti Starting weight: TBD~ Surgery weight: TBD ~ Goal weight: 150  

Karen M.
on 7/20/15 9:33 am - Mississauga, Canada

Dar, it's a lot to get used to and learn and lots of it is really trial and error unfortunately lol

Be sure to keep taking the acid reducer and stick to measured portions as per your food plan and you should be just fine. A lot of nerves were severed and your guts rearranged, it's going to take some time to heal. Hang in there :)

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Most Active
Recent Topics