Struggling

melshorty
on 1/4/16 2:12 pm - london, Canada

Hi all,  I find I am struggling with my sleeve. I keep overeating and feeling sick after.  I try eating less but then I feel like I'm just wasting my time as the amount I eat is so little.  I feel like what's the point of prepping a meal when something quick like cheese and crackers is just as filling. I am 7 weeks out from surgery.  That brings me to a question, how easy is it to stretch your sleeve?

Melissa

Leslie W.
on 1/4/16 2:18 pm - Cobourg, Canada

I didn't have the sleeve but those I do know still measure. I wasn't hungry for the first 6 months. I had to watch the clock to know it's time again. Measure everything.  Hope you feel better

Referral: August 2010 Orientation TWH: May 25, 2011  NP: June 8/11, f/u sleep clinic June 7, abd u/s June 14, SW: June 28/11  Nutrition Class: July 5/11, Dietician Aug 09, Psychologist Aug 25 Surgeon Sept 16th Surgery Date: Oct 11/11 HW:287, Opti wt: 260 SW: 242
My Angel is Sheri TK   
lammytee14
on 1/4/16 5:22 pm

Have you spoken to your clinic for help with this? I'm sure they can provide some helpful guidance at this early stage post-op with either the dietitian and/or behaviourist.

Good luck,
Tammy :)

Surgery on March 16, 2015 with Dr. Yelle (Ottawa)

HW: 245 (2012) SW: 233 CW: 141 Goal Range (by Surgeon): 149-179  

Holy Smokes! I've lost 100 pounds from my heaviest weight! Yay me!!!

White Dove
on 1/4/16 6:00 pm - Warren, OH

At seven weeks out, I was not eating much of anything.  I still prepared meals for family members.

By the fourth month I could eat a small steak with salad and a vegetable like broccoli. 

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Patm
on 1/5/16 4:20 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

By over eating you could be damaging your stomach. Your sleeve is still new. Prep a meal and split it in half. Now is the time to start some new eating habits.

Remind yourself why you had this surgery and try to commit to the program. If you need help contact your centre

roxytrim
on 1/5/16 4:42 am - Cobourg, Canada
VSG on 04/12/13

Like everyone else has said measure everything and yes, it will look like it is hardly anything so why bother? Well the point is to develop an eye as to what an appropriate size is.  We may have not had an obesity problem if we were eating appropriate portions to begin with.

You may be stressing your little sleeve this soon out, remember your nerve endings are still not registering with your brain, so don't expect that old full feeling.  This will that 6-9 months to return, so eat by measuring.  You can tell when your sleeve is getting packed by either your nose gets runny or you start to hick up - but try not to eat to that level at first.

I know what you are saying when you look at your plate and see 1/2 cup of something and say that wasn't worth my time to prepare.  Well then there is nothing wrong with having cottage cheese or a good quality canned tuna.  Eat the same thing 3 days in a row...it does't matter, it is simply fuel at this point so meet your nutritional requirements and work on your brain.  This will be a lifetime of brainwork.

Most Active
Recent Topics