MD's doing Revisions in Oregon??

PixieButterfly2005
on 6/28/08 11:56 pm - Eugene, OR
My MD retired less then a year after my surgery (Proximal RNY 5/04), I only recieved 6 months of follow up. Now 4 years later I am desperately trying to get to goal (lost to 174, now regaining to 234).  The Bariatric Center here in Eugene will see me (not happily), but no revision since they did not do the surgery. They weren't even thrilled about seeing me for diet counciling, since I had my surgery from someone else. I paid way to much for this to end up a failure. Not sure i need revision, but am trying to research all of the options. Ginger Hearty
Linda_S
on 6/29/08 3:42 am - Eugene, OR
Hi Ginger - the docs at OHSU do revisions.  Dr. O'Rourke who did my surgery does Stomaphyx.  The other docs (and possibly O'Rourke too) do revisions to other sorts of procedures.  I know Kim had her mini GB converted to a gastric sleeve and Donna had an older operation revised to an RNY.  Give them a call and see if they can help you out.  503-494-4373 Their office is very easy to find.  It is right down near the river front before the Ross Island Bridge off I-5.  It's where the base of the tram that crosses the freeway is. Linda

Success supposes endeavor. - Jane Austen

denise822
on 7/9/08 1:30 pm - North Bend, OR
I am sure Dr. Tersigni in Coos Bay would do a revision. In support group, his nurse talks all the time about revision surgeries. His office was just approved and is now a center of excellence.
Go_Go_Girl
on 7/11/08 5:58 am - McMinnville, OR

Dr. Robert Read in Corvallis took over most of your surgeon's patients.  I know because I was planning to go to him before he retired, but waited and then learned he was no longer taking on new patients and was refered to Read.

Where ever you go you will have to pay for the revision unless your insurance pays for it.  Diet counseling is available at most hospitals and especially ones where gastric bypasses are common which seems to be in most of our larger cities.

Trisha

Hammock There are good things to be said about recouperation in the summer......

lookinforward
on 8/23/08 12:57 pm
Dr. Tersigni from Coos Bay (called Bay Bariatric) at North Bend Medical Center will do revisions.  he is an amazing surgeon.  He is best known for his low complication rate and his conservatism.  The hospital, perhaps because it is smaller than a metropolitan hospital, was so extremely helpful, personable, and empathetic.  I would highly, highly recommend him.  Safety is his #1 concern.

I am 6 wks. post-op from going to Coos Bay.  I live in Bend, and it was well worth the 5 hour drive.
Lookin'Forward
        "Never be afraid to trust an unknown future to a known God" 
                                                                                Corrie Ten Boon

lookinforward
on 8/23/08 1:02 pm
Dr. Tersigni from Coos Bay (Bay Bariatric) at North Bend Medical Center does revisions.  He is an amazing surgeon, and he is best known for his low complication rate as well as his experience.  Perhaps because the hospital is smaller than a metropolitan hosppital, I found the staff to be extremely empathetic and so much care was given I couldn't believe it.  You can tell they respect those who have had surgery and do their very best to care for each patient.

I live in Bend and drove 5 hours----it was worth it and I would do it again.  Safety was my main concern, and was also the main concern of Tersigni.

I am 6 weeks post-op RNY, and his job was flawless.
Lookin'Forward
        "Never be afraid to trust an unknown future to a known God" 
                                                                                Corrie Ten Boon

Most Active
Recent Topics