What are you thankful for after having WLS?

Suzanne B.
on 5/4/11 1:27 pm - OR
What are you thankful for after having WLS? ·        The first thing I am so thankful for is Dr. Aceves. There aren’t enough adjectives to describe this wonderful gifted doctor who did my surgery. 
·        I still am shocked when someone calls me skinny—I thought who me skinny no way? But, it was me they were calling skinny.

·        I am so thankful for my great healthy.

·        The best part of about this weight loss surgery is that I NEVER feel hungry. I have to remind myself to eat.

·        Hold on to your hats because this is going to be the ride of your life. 

·        I know I will never be fat again in my life. I thanked Dr. Aceves for what he did for me and he said “I only gave you the tool to achieve your Weight Loss, give yourself the credit for making it work." I still want to say Dr. Aceves you are the BEST! 

·        I take only about 10% of the meds that I used to take before WLS.

·        I love walking in to any clothing store and knowing I can buy clothes that will fit me.

·        My family is so proud of me for doing this.

·        When someone doesn’t recognize me because I have lost 105 pounds!!!I love it when then figure out who I am—then they have a million questions for me as to how did I lose the weight.

·        After 2 ½ years to have people say WOW you still look great and have not gained anything back

·        Most of all being able to support new people who are thinking about WLS and telling them about my journey and answering their questions. Talking with them about their fears. And then seeing them have great success like I have had.
Suzanne B
Eugene, OR
Dr. Aceves
10/21/2008 
Start lbs 225
Now 120
Most Active
Recent Topics