Need advice...haven't been on in a loooong time!

Angela Walton-Rogers
on 2/22/12 11:46 pm - Tigard, OR
Hello everyone! Long time no see...I had bypass in August 2008 and now seem to be packing on some pounds..I am disgusted with myself, I know part of it is from losing my very physical job back in December, but I need to get this off.  I have struggled with constipation as well, so I know that has something to do with it too.  I want to work out, have some knee problems, but nothing I can't handle.  I just seriously need some support and unfortunately when you are in a household of "can eat whatever I want" people who have never struggled with weight, makes it a bit difficult.  Someone please kick me in the butt!! I am so busy trying to find a job, that I end up sitting all day....sigh...
Linda_S
on 2/27/12 4:22 am - Eugene, OR
Hi Angela - I think the winter blahs don't help either.  First of all, try adding fiber to your diet.  It does fill you up and will help with the constipation.  I add Benefiber to my coffee in the morning.  I think that by three or four years post weight loss surgery, we begin to go back to 'normal.'  We eat our food on normal plates, using normal utensils, taking small but normal portions.  We need to remember that we really can't eat that much.  I've recently gone back to using small containers and using small (espresso) spoons so I remember that I have to take a little at a time.  I was quite sure I could eat a lot until one morning I had two hard boiled eggs.  I ate about one and a half and was so stuffed I could hardly move.  So you see, it's not that our stomachs have stretched, we've just found foods that are easy for us to get in there without feeling a lot of pain or discomfort.  Back to the beginning!!
Linda

Success supposes endeavor. - Jane Austen

Ladytazz
on 3/12/12 3:25 pm
Hi there, we have the same surgeon.  Ask your doctor about Miralax, or a generic.  I take it daily and it really helps with the constipation.  Made a big difference in my quality of life.
I'm not good at kicking people in the butt but hang in there.  You've done it before and you can do it again.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

Most Active
Recent Topics