Introducing myself

TJTorre
on 7/25/12 2:32 pm - OR
RNY on 08/21/12
Hi, it doesnt look like this board is too active, but I thought I'd at least say HI.  I'm new so I dont have a lot of info on my profile.  I will say that I was on the lap band board regularly several years ago before and after being banded.  I couldn't remember my user name, so I had to start over.  I think this is a fabulous site and I am determined to stay more active and involved, if not here on the Oregon board, than definitely on the bypass board.  Best wishes to you all.
    Don't trade what you want most, for what you want in the moment!

donitta
on 7/25/12 4:07 pm - OR
RNY on 05/15/12
Where in OR are you?
HW - 317; SW - 298; CW - 260              
TJTorre
on 7/29/12 12:46 pm - OR
RNY on 08/21/12

North Bend. You?

tammym
on 7/30/12 5:36 am - Portland, OR
Revision on 01/16/12
 Hi TJ! Welcome to the forum.  Did you have RNY or band?  

I had VBG in 2001 and RNY in January of this year.  I've gone from size 20 to size 6 and couldn't be happier!  

I have trouble making it to support meetings so I sure wish this forum was more active!  
TJTorre
on 8/4/12 6:00 pm - OR
RNY on 08/21/12
I had the band about 5 yrs ago and will be revising to RNY in about 3 weeks. :-)  I guess we will just have to see what we can do to get this a more active place.  I will mention it at the next suppport group meeting that I go to and see what happens.

Linda_S
on 8/4/12 2:07 pm - Eugene, OR
Five years ago, when I had surgery, this was a really active place.  Not many folks here any more.  So, a few of you have been revised to RNY?  I lost 80 lbs with RNY five years ago.  Still have most of it off - I gain 5 or so pounds every now and then but manage to get it back off.  I have severe hypoglycemia, so I'm really on a very restricted diet now.  Still -- I'd do it again.  Lighter is better!

Success supposes endeavor. - Jane Austen

TJTorre
on 8/4/12 6:05 pm - OR
RNY on 08/21/12
According to your ticker you have been doing pretty good!  I'm getting the revision on the 21st.  I'm super excited. I actually did pretty well with the band for awhile, but I think I got too comfortable and then had some emotional upsets and just let things got out of control.  I think I am so much more prepared for how to handle situations now, so I'm just looking for the head start this surgery will give me.  I know it will be up to me to keep up the work, but I know I can do it. 

Linda_S
on 8/5/12 1:34 am - Eugene, OR
The RNY can be a great tool, but it is also a tough task-master.  You WILL be sick if you eat things you shouldn't, so make up your mind that the sweets are gone for good.  I know several people who have not done well with the band because it is restriction only and doesn't really make you change the foods you eat.  I wish you great success with it.  

Yes, I'm considered a success because I lost over 60% of my excess weight and have kept it off.  I never did lose all the weight I'd hoped to.

Success supposes endeavor. - Jane Austen

Most Active
Recent Topics