Tomorrow is the day.

TJTorre
on 8/20/12 4:38 pm - OR
RNY on 08/21/12
I'm feeling a tad bit nervous... I'm sure that is normal and I definitely do not want to back out, so I guess I should just get my bag packed and suck it up! 
    Don't trade what you want most, for what you want in the moment!

Adiposebegone_2011
on 8/20/12 5:19 pm
It would be a bit strange if you were not nervous. I will pray that your surgery goes well and you have an easy recovery. I wish you good luck for tomorrow!!

Yoli
TJTorre
on 8/25/12 6:22 pm - OR
RNY on 08/21/12
Thank you for your prayers and well wishes. :-)

Lindah55
on 8/24/12 8:22 am - OR
RNY on 10/09/12
Hi, I would love to talk with you about what your are experiencing. We have the same doctor and we are both from Oregon. I donot have a surgery date yet.
TJTorre
on 8/25/12 6:22 pm - OR
RNY on 08/21/12
Hi,  I'm open to talk.    What did you have in mind?  I am now 4 days out and am just now beginning to feel back to myself, but I'm not quite all the way there. :-)

Lindah55
on 8/26/12 4:28 pm - OR
RNY on 10/09/12
How long did it take to get your surgery date? How long did you have to wait after you got it? Right now the doctor's office is trying to find out who is my primary insurance so they know how to proceed. How did you make it through the two week liquid diet? What protein drinks do you like the best? I have already started using my protein drinks and started to cut back on eating. I am trying to rid the house of any temptations. What did you do to prepare? I am alot older than you and may not bounce back as quickly as you but I can hope. I had gallbladder surgery last spring and that was a breeze. I am choosing the Roux-en-y surgery and I hope things go as planned.

Thanks for talking to me.  Lindah55
TJTorre
on 8/27/12 3:48 pm - OR
RNY on 08/21/12
Hi

OK, once I was approved, I got my date immediately, for five weeks out.  I thought it would take forever, but it really didn't.  Approval, however, took 7 months.  I was denied twice during the process, so it's really hard to tell what will happen.  My best advice is not to give up. I look at it now as, well 7 months would have passed regardless, so at least I was doing the best I could during that time.

Dr. Tersigni's pre-op plan is different for everyone.  There are too many factors.  Since I had to lose 12 lbs prior to even being approved (insurance requirement), I didn't have to do the two week liquid. 

I really like Unjury protein best.  I've tried a lot and that is really what I would suggest...but right now everything tastsees terrible to me. :-(  Premiere Protein RTD have 30g of protein, and they are pretty good.  NashuaNutrition.com is a good site.  Look specifically for protein samples and you can get some from a variety of companies.

Honestly, at this point...I shouldn't have done anything to prepare, kitchen-wise.  I did, I bought a variety to try, stocked up on water and flavorings... hate it all.  The one thing I can stand is SF pudding.  Am going to try a popsicle this evening.

Oh, I know!  Do you exercise?  I didn't...everthing hurt too much, but while I was waiting those five weeks I found some videos, one basic and one medium...that should be fun.  One is a hip-hop style and one is zumba... Zumba has exploded all over the place but I am nowhere near ready to do that in public!  I bought this piece of excercise equipment called the Wave that looks kind of fun. 

Then I made a list of movies I could watch on Netflix while I have some time off. :-)

Hope this helps some!  TTYL
Terri

Lindah55
on 8/28/12 5:07 pm - OR
RNY on 10/09/12
Thank you so much for your response. I am in for the long haul. I have waited for 20 years to do this but did'nt have insurance who would even consider it.

I have all the flavors unjury has but the unflavored may be the most versitle. I have tried the chocolate and chicken soup. I just bought some sf pudding and jello. I read you can put the protein powder in that too. I am drinking a protein drink a day so I will be use to it sometimes twice.

I don't exercise yet but I did order a treadmill yesterday. I am excited about it too. I don't want to go into a fitness center just yet.

I won't be able to join the support group I live to far away. I will miss it.

I will look up some of your suggestions thanks again.

Lindah55
TJTorre
on 8/29/12 6:11 pm - OR
RNY on 08/21/12
I hate water...hate it.  I mean, seriously.  So I bought a bunch of flavorings.  The week after surgery, everything tasted terrible because of the meds and ketosis, I guess.  Anyway, I've been trying them throughout the week and finally found one I can stand.  So if you like plain water, that is great, but it may not taste very good right after surgery, so have a back up plan to get in your water.  Just dont bother tasting them all right away. :-)

Lindah55
on 8/30/12 8:33 am - OR
RNY on 10/09/12
Other than not liking your liquids. How are you? Sleeping OK? Pain OK? You are on a new journey now and that is exciting. I will keep in touch and watch your progress with great interest.
Most Active
Recent Topics