Help!!! Five years post and need to get on the right track

silvermoonfalean
on 5/16/13 5:27 am - Baker City, OR

Hello, I really need some help. I am 5 years post surgery and I have started to gain the weight back, because of being starting to fall into bad eating choices.

I will be truthful and say that at this point I don't even know how to get back on track, I am at a total loss, but really don't want to gain the weight back. Any suggestions for anyone who has had the surgery?

mickeymantle
on 5/16/13 3:21 pm - Eugene/Springfield, OR
VSG on 07/22/13

if you had the surgery in 05 you are 8 years IN

YOU HAVE TO GET BACK TO BASICS

start weighting your food and tracking everything , stop eating crap,drink your 65 oz of water

pretend you just had the surgery

Im guessing you had the rny , so you will have less malabsorbtion of calories that just means you have to be more careful what you put in your mouth  now , you still have a small pouch 

start using myfitnesspal.com  and get to the gym

there is no secret , there is no magic  just get back on your plan

maybe a therapist might help

175 lb  lost,412 hw 336sw,241 cw surgery July 22 2013,surgeon Dr Colin MacColl,

Linda_S
on 6/26/13 4:59 am - Eugene, OR

Don't know how I missed this one.  MickeyMantle is right.  You need to examine what you're eating.  I would guess, if you've managed to gain a lot of weight back, that you don't dump and you've been getting away with eating lots of carbohydrates.  That needs to stop.  Go back to eating protein, fruits, and vegetables.  If you think your stomach has stretched, do me a favor.  Make a couple of hard boiled eggs and then see how many you can eat.  Even though I know my anastomosis (opening from the pouch into the intestines) is stretched, I can't make it past one egg and a couple of bites.  Reason?  It is dense protein.  It takes a longer time to move through than a lot of foods.  A bunch of crackers, some cake or cookies?  They move right on through unimpeded.  Of course, for me, they move right on through in a major whoosh, because I do dump and my blood sugar falls and I get very sick.  Don't give up.  As Inigo says in the Princess Bride, "when things go wrong, you go back to the beginning!"  Let us know how you're doing.

Success supposes endeavor. - Jane Austen

Most Active
Recent Topics