Melting in Portland.....

GroovyLogger
on 5/9/03 4:29 am - Portland, OR
Hi Friends.... I was so glad that this space has been created. I am nearly four weeks post-op and down about 22 pounds. I am doing really well. I have been able to eat anything I have tried so far. LIFE TRULY IS WONDERFUL!!! I lost 61 pounds pre-op; so I am down a total of 83 pounds. I feel like a million bucks. Take care
rowaneagle
on 5/9/03 6:03 am - Portland, OR
Hiya! I love this new section and I may actually be able to get advice on insurance specific to my home state! It has been soo daunding trying to sift through all the insurance responses, some of which are years old and from other states with totally different rules. ! Contrats on the weight loss, who was your sugeon?
Becca K.
on 5/9/03 6:25 am - Hillsboro, OR
Good Morning Karen, Glad that you found this site! I am now almost 8 months post op! I had the adjustable gastric band with Dr. Patterson in Portland on September 16, 2002. I lost 36 pounds prior to surgery and 72 pounds since for a total of 108 pounds. I am very happy with my choice. I have yet to have a fill and am doing really well. I hope that more people find this site! Have a great day! Becca
NewJoolz
on 5/13/03 3:42 am - Beaverton, OR
Hi, all! Nice to see people from home . Karen: How wonderful that you have been successful. It's encouraging for those of us who are still waiting, waiting, waiting.... I am in the Kaiser program, so it's a little different. They intentionally make you wait about a year before you can get surgery, but the work you do beforehand helps you be successful after. At least I hope so!!! I've been working towards surgery since last September. I hope I'm close to meeting with the surgeon. I'm exercising and have lost about 30 pounds. I feel this surgery will be the tool I need to really be able to LIVE the rest of my life. Take care and keep us posted. Julia
Most Active
Recent Topics