Looking for Locals

Denise H.
on 9/9/03 1:27 am - Hood River, Or
RNY on 08/27/03 with
Hi there, My name is Denise Howes and I live in Hood River,Or. I am looking for anyone in my area, or a support group in the Gorge area. I had RNy on August 27th. I went to Southern Ca. as it was such a long wait with all the surgeons I looked into. My surgery went great I am 13 days post op and have lost 34.5 lbs. I feel wonderful most of the time but I have sick spells. It took us 3 days to drive home so it took me a little longer to start bouncing back from surgery. Any way I am looking for friends. I'll post later. Please e-mail me I would love to hear from you. Lots of love but less to hug, Denise Howes
CJ C.
on 9/9/03 7:22 am - Cottage Grove, OR
Hi Denise.. I had an open RNY in Mexico on August 28th. I came home on Sept 3rd. At my one week mark I was down 12 pounds. It is hard to keep off the scales but I am trying to only weigh once a week so for now Thursday is the big weigh day I get tired easy. I am trying to walk but so far I am only getting in about 1/2 a mile. I hope you do find a local support group.. it is so good to have people around you going through the same things. There are quite a few girls in the Portland area from our forum so hopefully you can get connected with them .. I live in Cottage Grove.. (Eugene area)
Holly L.
on 9/9/03 12:43 pm - Bruceton, TN
hi, my name is Holly, I live in Newport OR, I haven't had the surgery as of yet waiting on the INC i just signed up for BCBS I thought they were the best but after reading everyones posts it seems they are not so good they like to denie you lol.......... well anyway I am looking to for some locals.
Shelley Billings
on 9/10/03 2:44 am - Oregon City, OR
To all of you looking for locals, there is a small group of us that have begun a support group. We are meeting again on Sunday the 21st. So far there is five of us. We are all pre-surgery but we all have surgery dates. Mine is the 23rd of this month. Email me if you are interested or wish to talk. Shelley
Most Active
Recent Topics