Recent Posts

lagesch
on 6/24/15 8:56 pm
Topic: RE: Hi from the North Coast area in Oregon

I was curious how everything is going with post-op...who was your dr, etc.  I am considering either the sleeve or the bypass and would love any info you could share...

Thanks-

Lisa

Keeks911
on 6/11/15 10:10 am - SALEM, OR

I had my sleeve surgery June 3rd, I am only post-op 8 days.  I thought Legacy was great, I hadn't ever had surgery before, for anything. I was very happy with my short stay there. Dr. Halpin is amazing, the Legacy Weight Institute is amazing. I am very satisfied with my experience so far.  I look forward to what my one year surgeversary will be like :) 

Congratulations to you lilnana14!

Patty T.
on 5/20/15 4:02 pm - Boalsburg, PA

I've completed the supervised diet with Legacy and had my first appointment with Dr. Patterson yesterday. I'm having the sleeve and need to lose 15 more pounds (down to 390) to get my BMI down. I've already lost 25 from my Nov start weight of 430.

(deactivated member)
on 5/17/15 11:27 pm
RNY on 05/04/15
Topic: RE: support group in Portland?

Ah, then I think I know who you were! I'm sorry I didn't remember to say hi. I was on the other side of the table and freaking out that I've been eating too much even on all liquids. Tomorrow starts purees...Guess I'll see if I have any restriction after all! :-)

tammym
on 5/17/15 11:02 pm - Portland, OR
Revision on 01/16/12
(deactivated member)
on 5/17/15 10:40 pm
RNY on 05/04/15

I did wind up going to the meeting last week. Were you there by chance? It was my first one. I went at the suggestion of the nutritionist, and I found it really helpful. I may try to rearrange my work schedule to be able to go to them monthly.

(deactivated member)
on 4/25/15 9:02 am
RNY on 05/04/15

Great! I might not be at the May meeting since my surgery is 5/4 and my husband's is 5/11, but I hope we'll make future ones.

tammym
on 4/25/15 6:17 am - Portland, OR
Revision on 01/16/12

Thank you! I'm going to try and be there for the May meeting. Please say hi if you see me. I'm easy to spot. I'm 4'10", 99lbs, short brown hair.

(deactivated member)
on 4/25/15 4:36 am
RNY on 05/04/15

It's odd the schedule isn't on the website. Here's the 2015 schedule -- starting this month, they're in the Trustee Board Room on the 3rd floor of the main hospital, above the main lobby. I haven't been to one yet because they (sadly) go past my bedtime, but after surgery, I'm going to see if my boss will let me stay late one day a month to come in late the day after the meetings. Maybe I'll see you there!

tammym
on 4/22/15 5:03 pm - Portland, OR
Revision on 01/16/12
Topic: support group in Portland?

I know there is a support group in Portland, but I can't find the schedule. It used to meet monthly at Good Sam. I'd like to go. I am 3 years out from RNY, 15lbs under goal. Does anyone know the date, time, address, and where I can find the schedule online?

Most Active
Recent Topics