Mathew Kirkland

alise1015
on 6/30/06 10:39 pm - Burlington, NJ
Did any one have the lap band done by Mathew Kirkland?
Michelle B.
on 7/1/06 4:44 pm - Pennsauken, NJ
If you are talking about Dr Kirkland at Pennsylvania Hospital? I thought he didn't do that at all? I was under the impression he only did the open RNY procedure, and if you are a candidate for lapriscopic, he'd refer you to Dr Wernsig? I'm having surgery with Dr Kirkland in October, and another OH-er, Kate, is having surgery July 5th!
litlhurry
on 7/1/06 6:57 pm - anytown, PA
I just had surgery with Matt Kirkland 5 days ago. He only does open. His partner does laps. It's just his preference. He is very experienced and skilled. Their program is quite structured and the office folk are very supportive-great nutritionist and support meetings. I feel safe in their sugical care...g
Audrey
on 7/3/06 10:08 pm - Langhorne, PA
Hi Angel! I had surgery with Dr Kirkland 5 years ago this past May. I have lost 180 pounds and needless to say I'm over the moon. It is still off! He is a very skilled surgeon and I have sent many patients to him. He's also not too hard to look at! Anyway he does only do the open procedure but I can tell you from experience it didn't matter. My scar has faded unbelievably and most of the time I forget its there. But when I do remember and see it I smile because I know it got me where I am today! Best of luck. Keep in touch and don't worry about the gowns. You truly won't care when you're there. Audrey
kellidunham
on 1/21/21 10:22 am

Hi I have no idea if you're checking back into OH, but I also had RNY with Kirkland in the early 2000s and was curious about your experience long term.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1805 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1902 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2585 views