MEDICAID AND MEDICARE SURGEONS LIST!

Member Services
on 8/31/12 1:37 pm - Irvine, CA
Hello Members,

On a daily basis we get calls from members in desperate need of surgeons that will accept Medicaid and or Medicare for Bariatric surgery.  It breaks our hearts when we have to say "we don't know of any surgeons in your state we can refer you to". 

Can you please help us? If you know of any surgeons in your state that accepts Medicaid and or Medicare, will you list their:

Name

If they accept Medicare and or Medcaid

Phone number

Facility

Address

This list will remain here for our members to access and use.

Thank you so much!!!

ObesityHelp,

Member Services

joldaker
on 11/30/07 12:57 am - West Bradford, PA

I work with insurance at my day job and I can tell you that the easiest way to find a participating surgeon is to call Medicare and Medicaid and ask them to either fax you a list or start complying a list on your own by asking if it is covered and who would be in network. It make take a few phone calls to get a list that is usable across the country. The only problem is that this list may change monthly.

Highest Wt 299.8 / Surg Wt 285 / Curr Wt 157
prosperous_beauty
on 7/22/09 12:45 pm
Hi my name is Nesheda Shockley and I am looking for a plastic surgeon that will accept my insurance. I have Keystone Mercy I believe its a Medicaid its state insurance. If you could help me I would appreciate greatly. Thanks in advance
(deactivated member)
on 12/16/07 8:52 am - summit hill, PA
I had my surgery Nov.12, at Geisinger in Danville pa. the cost of my stay was 51,000 dollars all covered by medicare and the acess card.. the only hosp that take medicare are what they call Centers of Excellance and there is only 4 in pa.. my doctor was DR PETER BEGNOTTI.. very good doc.
megan pagliughi
on 12/17/07 4:47 am - larksville, PA
i actually just got off of the phone with dawn down at milton pennstate hershey medical center and they accept access down there thank god!!

leliastraney
on 12/18/07 11:39 pm
Hello! Here is a link from Surgical Review.org. This is a list of all the Center of Excellence practices in the state of PA. http://www.surgicalreview.org/locate.aspx?state=US-PA#srchRe sults
JeSsIcA
on 12/26/07 12:21 pm - PA
I believe that my friend had rny with medicaid in the york area with a surgeon named Dr. Garber

Jessica

terry lentz
on 1/2/08 4:17 am - ERIE, PA
hello my name is terry lentz and i am on medicare and my dr arreola in erie pa takes it with my gateway medicare assure his addy is 104 e 2nd floor erie phone is 814-877-6997 he is a great dr also very nice and professional

GOD BLESS EVERY ONE OF YOU
MARIPOSA4013
on 2/13/08 8:29 am - MORRIS, PA
I know that geisinger medical center accepts it. there are 4 surgeons at this time working together as a group sort of, they all accept it.  Here are names: Dr. benotti, Dr. Petrick, Dr. Strodel, and Dr. Udekue. phone number (570)271-6000
ummzeez
on 2/29/08 5:49 am - Brooklyn 4EVA n EVA

i am in the york area and medicaid pays only for open RNY.  Dr. Garber and my surgeon , Dr. Monk all take the PA access insurance (amerihealth mercy, Gateway).

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1805 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1902 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2585 views