**Thursday Roll Call**

Pam Hart
on 6/18/08 8:05 pm - Easton, PA
Good Morning all!! Can I tell you how good it was to see those who were at the meeting last night?  It was awesome.  Lots of tears and laughter - which is always a good thing! Today I'm going out to see how far I can jog.  I haven't been pushing myself as hard as I should and I really want to see what I can do.  There is a 5k in my area on Saturday morning.  Now, I am working all night Friday night and then Saturday mid afternoon I'm supposed to go to two different parties - but I might just go to the 5K first, be late for the parties, and see what I can do in a crowd of people.  Toic at last nights meeting was the 4th of July 5K, and multiple people asked me if I'm running or walking, and I didn't have an answer for myself or for them.  Between today and Saturday, hopefully I can figure it out. Also today I need to finish up the housework and possibly run some errands and I desperately need to clean out my car - it appears as though I am homeless and livng out of it currently, which is just ridiculous! I want to do be done by all of that by around 1pm and then veg for awhile and lay down to take my nap before heading back to work tonight. Enjoy your day! Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
Arlene E.
on 6/18/08 8:36 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Good morning Pam and PA It was another great meeting at Barix last night. I always feel so up after a meeting. I love seeing how great everyone looks and hearing all the conversation. Special thanks to Jen for sharing your story. It touched me deeply. I am going to hit the gym soon, although I am tempted to do a 3 mile walk- run outdoors while it is cool. Have a great day, everybody! Arlene
KimZ
on 6/18/08 9:55 pm - PA
Good Morning PA - Sorry I had to miss the meeting last night, it sounded like another really good one.  I am still in Atlanta working with a public sector client here.  I have been here for over a month now - traveling down on Mondays and home either Thursdays or Fridays (this week is Friday).  I have been really good about my eating and exercise.  Today - like every morning I am up at 4:30 and drive over to the local Planet Fitness for 1 hour of weight training and 45 of cardio.   By 7:30 I am usually on my way over to the client offices.  Today will be another 12 - 14 hour day (ughh!!), but I feel so good after my work out this morning and my greek yogurt. Have a beautiful day! Kim Z

Laureen S.
on 6/18/08 11:01 pm - Maple Shade, NJ

Good Morning Pam and PA Posters! Yup, it was a good meeting, I definitely connected with some of what Jenn shared when she was looking back over the last year and her life prior to WLS.  It's definitely those things that make support such an important part of this process, since no one knows better how we feel than another person who has gone through the ups and downs of having tried and failed so many times before having given up totally and then taking the WLS option, and going through the many changes that it brings into our lives. . .  great meeting, lots of thoughtful sharing and laughter too, which is good medicine ;)

Well today is my Friday (yippee!!!) and even better is that Tony is driving down tonight after work, we will be going to dinner and then tomorrow we are driving up to Lancaster to see some of the sights there, maybe take one of those buggy tours and if he wants to hit any of the outlets, we'll do that, but I am done shopping until my clothes start falling off, perhaps in the fall ;)  We are coming back Saturday afternoon and going to my good friend Diane's for a bbq and hanging by her pool.  That about takes my weekend up and not sure I'll have much time to visit with you all before Sunday, so wherever you are, whatever you are doing, I hope it is a good one!

Hugs, prayers and positive thoughts, Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

DianeMarie
on 6/18/08 11:04 pm - Delmont, PA

Hi Everyone!

I work from 10-6:30 today.  Then I'll come home and eat and then my 2 mile walk.  Or I will walk and then eat.  Sometimes if I have dinner first I dont feel like walking after.  Still looking forward to Saturday & Monday and being off those days.  Least I can sleep in tomorrow because I work close.

I saw the beginnings of my first tomato's yesterday.  I was so excited.  I really have this "thing" for garden tomato's.  I'm wondering if after surgery if I'll still be able to eat them.  Any of you ladies Post surgery's eat Tomato's?

Diane

Smileycons!

Diane Stuffer's Facebook profile
Melanie B.
on 6/18/08 11:33 pm - Doylestown, PA
Hi everyone!

I attended the Barix meeting last night and recognized many of you from your pictures on OH. It was also fun to be able to talk to a few of you afterwards. It really put my mind at ease about my decision to have WLS. Granted, I'm sure I'll start to freak out again as my date draws near.

I look forward to getting to know you all better.

xoxo
Melanie

Lesley G.
on 6/18/08 11:48 pm - Allegan, MI
Good morning! I also was at the Barix post-op meeting last night, and I agree -- it was great to talk with so many of you in person!  I was floored by how big the meeting was, but I think that's a good thing.  I looked around the room and I thought with this many people if I have an issue post-op there will be at least someone else who's gone through the same thing. I had posted late on yesterday's roll call that all of my paperwork was *finally* done and submitted to my insurance company (Empire Blue Cross) and so now I'm just waiting and trying to be patient.  Patience is not my virtue though so I hope I don't have to wait too long. This step has inspired me to kick my diet and exercise up a notch, so today I went to the gym before work to go swimming, and I'm planning to go walking at lunchtime.  I've never been a gym-before-work kind of person, but I feel so energized after my workout that I may do this more often.  This is better than a triple espresso! Have a good day all! Lesley
ktreavis
on 6/19/08 12:58 am - PA
Good Morning PA, I am on an extended break this morning. I have to work a split shift today and I am spending some time getting mysrlf together. I do have an issue that I am dealing with that I shared with some of the ladies last night that I may post about later, but I am dealing with tons of jealousy at work. I am hoping that when my weight loss slows down maybe all of the attention will too, I think the attention that I am getting is making some of my coworkers jealous. ANywho, I will be resting some and then going back to work. Hope you all have a good day. - Katie

Progress not perfection

tanya72100
on 6/19/08 3:04 am - Schuylkill Haven, PA
Hi there. Im new here ! Yea for me. Ive been lurking around reading and decided to take the plunge and start posting. Im a busy single mom who is a acct rev. manager in a small co here in pa. I am sure tonight will be busy i have a little mini vacation to NJ in a week and need to start packing the kids and myself.  We are enjoying the summer as much as possible.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1800 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1896 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2575 views