The most annoying wow moment ever.

Mary Benford
on 6/20/08 9:45 pm - Emmaus, PA
Ok...   so last night was Friday night..  which means karaoke at the local pub.    Norm and I, and a few of our friends met up there, got our table, and I headed up to the bar to get us some drinks.   Now, the bartender who came up to me has waited on Norm and I numerous times...    And we frequent the pub maybe every other weekend say.    Well...   she carded me.   So back to the table I went to grab my id, and when I came back, handed her my id, she looked at it....     then looked at me.     Looked at it...   and at me again.   I knew what was coming.   "This looks nothing like you at all."     I just smiled, and said "I know, but it's me."    "Well I need to see everyone's id's that came in with you just for being in here."     UGH.   was she kidding me?   This woman, who again..   has waited on Norm and I NUMEROUS times before wouldn't serve me.   She just kept saying it looks nothing like you. Instead of everyone showing their ID's, I was so ticked off, I wanted to leave.  It was the first time that's happened to me...   but my god she was nasty.   Like I wwas trying to pull one over on her...     UM NO.   and instead of explaining to the world that I had surgery, and lost weight, and of course i don't look like i did in that picture...   We gathered up our stuff and left. I am  sure glad my license is up for renewal in December.    

Success is a journey... not a destination!     

Boogaloo
on 6/20/08 9:52 pm - PA
Well aside from the fact that she was standing in between you and karaoke and drinks, it's quite a compliment :) I was coming thru customs in Ireland when I had the same thing happen - I was so scared, I thought I was gonna be stuck there forever.  I am so glad to have my new license! Lou
(deactivated member)
on 6/20/08 10:01 pm
Mary,     If that happened in a new place that would be a huge compliment the fact she knew you from going in there I do not blame you for feeling annoyed by it. Doing that to a semi-regular is a touch messed up.   Congrats on the crazy WOW though!
Pam Hart
on 6/20/08 11:51 pm - Easton, PA
I have to agree with Beth - considering you are a "regular" there - it should have been more properly handled (by her)  Maybe she was having an off night - but still. Just as an aside, I had almost the same thing happen - and all I said was "It looked like me when I had 95 extra pounds on me" and they said "wow, good for you"  They did ask for a second form of ID (credit card or whatever, no picture needed) just to verify, but wasn't a big deal. It is annoying.  If you feel like spending the $20 bucks and a bunch of time at DMV you can go there and say you lost your license and get a new one sooner. Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
(deactivated member)
on 6/21/08 1:59 am
Pam the thing in PA is if you lose your license they reissue you a license with the same picture. I had it happen twice once when my license was stolen and the second I washed it. It is the one thing that I think sucks. 
Pam Hart
on 6/21/08 1:22 pm - Easton, PA
Well how moronic is that?  Jersey has some weird laws...but when you get a new license (be it due to it being lost or it needing to be renewed) you have the option of using the same picture or not.  I wonder if they brought up the pic of her now....would they say "that isn't you" and let her take a new picture??  Oh well.... Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
(deactivated member)
on 6/21/08 2:26 pm
Oh  I wonder if she xould request it for that reason ,,,i never even thought of that. I am sure if you pay they wil do anything
Shannon O.
on 6/21/08 3:32 am - Reading, PA
ok that i pissy and funny...

I'm sorry that happened... what did Norm say?

(deactivated member)
on 6/21/08 10:50 pm - Eastern, PA
"We're leaving." And we did.
Arlene E.
on 6/21/08 9:47 pm - Philadelphia, PA
What an idiot woman! I had problems in the airport in Paris. The lady looked at my passport, which really does not look like me-( besides being 100 more pounds, my hair was blown out straight) and called three other people over to stare at it and then at me. After showing two other forms of ID they let me through. My passport is good for 8 more years but I may get another to avoid the hassle when I travel out of the country again. I guess we're supposed to feel flattered instead of annoyed. Arlene
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1800 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1896 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2575 views