foamies

sbrunell
on 6/21/08 3:12 pm - Bensalem, PA
I saw someone post about it. I got sick 2x this week, and vomited up foam. I am assuming it is what is known as foamies, and is quite disgusting.  I think I overate those times.  Is this the cause of foamies?
Steve Brunell
RNY  5/16/08
The first day of the rest of my life
Dr. Pupkova

jdruski
on 6/21/08 8:52 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Hi, From me personally I never had the foamies, when I would overeat I would just vomit the food back up.  But I think. like you I read that the foamies can be caused by overeating.  Our plumbing is so different now that anything is possible.  When the pouchy gets grouchy there is no telling what she or he might do. I do hope that you are feeling better. Jeanne
Happy to be in
Onederland

on 6/21/08 10:37 pm
It can be from eating something your pouch didn't like, from eating too much, from something you shouldn't have and can also be from not eating on time,  I experienced the foamies when I was out one day shopping and didn't get home for dinner until 9 PM.  My stomach was completely empty and although I didn't feel hungry, my meal was way overdue.  It is basically the stomach acids revolting.  Up until that day, I never you could get them from not eating.  As soon as I had something (light) it stopped.  But you can get them from eating something too    dense, too high in fat, just about any reason at all that your grouch ... I mean pouch wants to give.

Some days your the dog and some days your the hydrant.

Pam Hart
on 6/22/08 1:13 am - Easton, PA
It can be from a lot of things. Eating to fast was always my main cause.  Also, not chewing well (goes hand in hand with to fast I guess) Some experience it when they eat something that doesn't sit with the prissy pouch. Mine always starts with a runny nose, watery eyes, and then spitting up that foamy like stuff.  Yuck! Sorry you went through it. Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
dit657
on 6/23/08 12:54 am - Boothwyn, PA
FOAMIES SUCK! But, the good thing is that after 3 months they really do start to disappear. I've gotten them from eating too fast or something too dry and chewy. Now I notice if I start to get that nasty feeling burping a lot will help them go away and move the food. But yeah, some nasty stuff there, isn't it. Blech!  Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1800 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1896 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2575 views