Is she crazy?????

sbrunell
on 6/22/08 3:17 pm - Bensalem, PA
Ok, Today was very tough for me. The Mrs. was doing the all clear liquids to prepare for Monday. She is driving me crazy. She is very short and irritable.  I can't really talk to her, and have tried avoiding her as much as possible. In fact, I went to bed figuring she would be asleep, but she wasn't. I had to run downstairs, so I figured I would stay and post. Maybe she will fall asleep in the process.

I know it's a whole lot of rambling, but I need to know....is this food withdrawl making her cranky? I've heard that the surgery get you gals all out of alignment, so I figured I would check to see if I need to find a friend to stay with during the 3 weeks of all liquids!

How long will it take for her system to go out of whack, and how long will it take for her to return to my wife?
Steve Brunell
RNY  5/16/08
The first day of the rest of my life
Dr. Pupkova

Happy to be in
Onederland

on 6/22/08 7:07 pm, edited 6/23/08 12:07 am
She is hungry.  After surgery she won't be as hungry.  When she hits full liquids and is able to find a level of satiation she should feel better.  okay Homer?

Some days your the dog and some days your the hydrant.

(deactivated member)
on 6/22/08 11:27 pm
Nan ..that ending line just made my morning! I am laughing at my desk. THanks!
joldaker
on 6/22/08 9:51 pm - West Bradford, PA
She is NOT crazy, and things will return to normal soon enough. For now the only advise I can give you is to keep your head down and learn to say "Yes dear, right away dear" and move fast. Once this is all over she will be "normal" again and she will make it up to you in one way or another.  And NO I am not being fresh with that comment.  My husband did just the thing I am telling you to do and we survived. I ended up taking him out for dinner and pampering him for a day when I was feeling better.  There is alot going on in her body, hunger, candida yeast dying off, hormones, you know stuff you went through times 10. LOL Jen
Highest Wt 299.8 / Surg Wt 285 / Curr Wt 157
Pam Hart
on 6/22/08 10:26 pm - Easton, PA
The clear liquid thing is tough before surgery.  And she may have been a stress eater like many of us - and with surgery in just a few hours - she is probably stressed beyond belief and can't stuff her emotions down today or calm herself down with some food. After surgery she won't be hungry - so it will be a bit better.  But then there is the whole mental game.  Go back to your liquid phase - when you were lamenting about "crying in your bland soup" if I remember correctly.  Women aren't the only ones who have problems. Definately do NOT find a friend to stay with over the next few weeks.  Whether she treats you like crap unintentionally or not - she will need you by her side.  And Jen is right - yes dear right away dear and move fast is a fantastic idea.  She will remember that and appreciate it and be able to take care of you when she is feeling better. Granted - during "that time of the month" after surgery you may find her hormonal swings a little worse than her normal cycle, but that's probably not the case right now.  She's just a bundle of nerves and doesn't know what to do with herself, let alone everyone else. Good luck today. Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
(deactivated member)
on 6/22/08 10:26 pm, edited 6/22/08 10:26 pm - Eastern, PA
Actually, you're crazy. You better pray to every god you know that she doesn't find out you're posting about her on the internet. Because that certainly won't cheer her up. Quite the opposite, by my estimation. EDITED TO ADD: Aren't you the same guy who was *****ing about being short-tempered with his kids a week or so ago? Support is a two-way street. And your wife needs it from you right now.
(deactivated member)
on 6/22/08 11:35 pm
Tough for you? YOu have been where she is it is a tough day all around. She was on clear liquids and facing major surgery. Your mind is on hyper overload.  Let her vent she does not mean it as a personal attack.  Yes, afterwards we are all over with emotion but it happens to the guys as well not just us gals. Your wife is making a major life change just as you have she will be a new person and you need to support each other during this time not just through the good days but even more so through the bad days.  I am gonna take a guess your wife is not in the local boards here?  Reason 54987549075 I am glad I am single!
Happy to be in
Onederland

on 6/23/08 12:10 am
She is also experiencing Carb Withdrawl, which everyone knows can lead to ax murders. Just kidding.

Some days your the dog and some days your the hydrant.

DianeMarie
on 6/23/08 12:21 am - Delmont, PA

LOL Happy..... you crack me up.

I do remember a post about someone saying they were going to be more supportive to their spouse.  Maybe I read that in an alternative universe. ::blink::

Smileycons!

Diane Stuffer's Facebook profile
dit657
on 6/23/08 1:11 am - Boothwyn, PA
Yeah buddy, I seem to recall a post from you not too long ago lamenting on whether or not your kids were going to survive the day being around you! You're past all the crazed part of surgery - the emotional highs and lows - food withdrawal - nerves - etc. She's just beginning - be supportive - be her strength - and be understanding. Women's hormones are hell to begin with, then throw in something like this and we all go nuts! She'll be fine - you'll be fine - and you're doing this together. Just give her some space and support (yeah, I know - sort of contradicting myself, but its what she needs). Good luck to both of you! Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1800 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1896 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2575 views