Belly Button Blues

dit657
on 6/23/08 1:43 am - Boothwyn, PA
OK - this is a weird post - I'm going to state that right up front. Now you have to understand that I haven't really 'seen' my belly button in years - its been hiding (well, okay - buried) in folds of fat. I'd wash the little thing but otherwise didn't pay much attention to it - well, now that I can actually see it (without too much effort) I was a tad shocked to find out how RED it is - I mean seriously, this little sucker is bright red! It doesn't seem irritated (unless it misses its hiding spot) and it doesn't hurt or anything, but next to that lily white skin of my stomach that has NEVER seen sun it stands out like a little red, well, button! (Its an innie). So is this weird? Or am I just weird (yeah, don't answer that)  - it just struck me as funny that it was so red. Other than that I'm glad I can finally see it again and know its still there - thought it was lost forever in the fat folds of my torso! Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
jdruski
on 6/23/08 2:46 am - Philadelphia, PA
Kathy, I laughed when I read your post.  I had my second panni done in January and opted to allow my belly button to be taken away and no fake to replace it.  The other night I went to wa**** and had a minor freak out, like where is it.   I all seriousness, if the redness doesn't disappear have your PCP take a look.   Jeanne
Pam Hart
on 6/23/08 3:48 am - Easton, PA
Kathy, First off you are to funny.  Thanks for the smile. Secondly...considering how red you are describing it, I would get it looked at.  I'm glad it's not giving you any problems or anything or isn't irritated or whatever....but still.... I would keep an eye on it, now that you can, and note any changes.  It could also be the heat - but I would have though you would have irritation if that was the cause. And now that you've all peaked our curiosity....now you have to keep us updated! Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
(deactivated member)
on 6/23/08 4:33 am - Eastern, PA
It might not feel irritated, but it could be chafing or sore on the inside.  Stick a little Desitin in there perhaps and on the red parts and see if that helps. I'm sure you would know if it were infected. You would feel pressure and it would swell.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1800 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1896 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2575 views