6 month checkup :)

Christine C.
on 6/23/08 6:59 am - Port Deposit, MD
Just got back from my 6 month checkup  Talked to Dr. Pupkova about the food issues I am having since having my GB removed 3 weeks ago.  Basically the long and short of it is that my body is now super sensitive to any grease in food since I just had the surgery and this is why I'm getting so sick again.  It will pass in time.  I did find out that my gallbladder had severe necrosis (yes, it was partially dead ... GROSS!  lol). She said that I should only lose about 10 more pounds (if I want!) and I told her my personal goal was 125 (which is 17 left) and she said ok.  On my way back home I stopped at WalMart to exchange a pair of capris I had purchased for work (size 12 ... TOO BIG!) and when I tried them on (yes, for once I actually tried the clothes on before I went home LOL) I found that the size 10's were also TOO BIG!!  Can you believe that I walked out of there purchasing a SIZE 8!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOHOOOOOOOOOO   Now time to get my butt in gear and get these last 17lbs off now that I have the green light for weights again  :)
Christine

Pam Hart
on 6/23/08 7:36 am - Easton, PA
Wow!  You are really rocking this program!  Considering it was your 6 mos visit and you started at about the same weight as me!  Whoo hoo!  I'm just hitting that "just about done" point at 8 mos.  My personal goal is 135.  I'm hovering between 141 and 142 right now - for the past few weeks.  I'm not really sweating it, though...because I'm very happy where I am. But I digress as usual.  You are doing one hell of a fantastic job, and so proud of you!  Sorry to hear about the gallbladder post issues, and I do hope it resolves in time. Fabulous progress!! Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
bubble273
on 6/23/08 8:56 am - Levittown, PA

Christine, Congrats on your weight loss and being only 17 pounds from your goal.  That is fantastic!!!   And I know all too well about the gallbladder thing....well, I don't have one, but I have a stone stuck in my bile duct.  So beware...you can get gallstones even with your gallbladder out.  So it definitely is important to watch the grease and fat in things.  I know we watch anyway, but it's twice as important with the gallbladder issues and the chance of getting stones.  So good luck with everything.  Take care.

Karen

Christine C.
on 6/23/08 8:57 am - Port Deposit, MD
Thank you so much!  I really feel soooo much better and now understand why I was so tired all of the time.  I have lost the equivalent of my two youngest children combined (and they are heavy!!)  lol
Christine

Nicole0216
on 6/23/08 1:10 pm - Lancaster, PA
wow you are doing great
dit657
on 6/23/08 9:38 pm - Boothwyn, PA
Congratulations on a fantastic 6 month check-up and doing so great!! You seem very dedicated so that 17 lbs will be coming off before you know it, and those size 8's will probably turn into 6's!! Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
New_Beginnings_36
on 6/23/08 11:23 pm - PA
Christine, Congrats on your 6 month check-up!! You are doing fabulous!! And Congrats on your wonderful wow moment at the store!! You'll be at goal in no time :).....Stefanie

<3 Stefanie    

way-of-life.gif image by SissyLalaSamantha
Laureen S.
on 6/23/08 11:52 pm - Maple Shade, NJ
Wow, that is fantastic about being so close to goal and I hope you stop feeling sick real soon! Take care, Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

EileenWalton
on 6/24/08 4:46 am
Wow, what a great six-month checkup.  Being so close to goal so early out is so rewarding.  Goes to show that hard work really pays off.  Congrats!
Eileen

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1800 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1896 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2575 views