A Wow Moment, almost 4 years out

jastypes
on 4/21/11 11:35 pm - Croydon, PA
First of all, I cannot believe it's almost 4 years.  I'm so sorry that 2 of them were spent trying to get sober, but, hey, it is what it is. 

But now for my WOW moment.  Someone tagged me in a Facebook photo a couple of days ago, and it was a pre-op photo.  I was playing mini-golf with my kids' youth group.  I pulled up the picture and sat there just stunned.

And my children were looking over my shoulder at the picture.  My 23 y/o son says, "I don't even remember you being big anymore."

Well, I remember.  I remember how hard it was to walk and breathe at the same time; how difficult it was to get out of a chair; put on socks; how I couldn't fit in a restaurant booth or movie theater seat; how my knees, hips and back ached all the time; how I could so easily eat 1/2 a pizza and want more.

Sometimes, lately, I have felt like that fat person when I looked in the mirror.  My body image distortion can get that crazy.  That photo of me came at just the right time to give me a more right-sized perception of myself.  Today I know that I have been given a testimony of victory and transformation (in more ways that one), and I get to share that experience, strength and hope with others. 

Truly, I am blessed.  Thanks to all of you beautiful people for being part of my journey.

Blessings, Jill

WLS 5/31/07.  Maintaining a weight loss of 141 pounds and feeling amazing!

R K.
on 4/22/11 12:01 am
Very cool.
"If I only had three words of advice, they would be, Tell the Truth. If got three more words, I'd add, all the time."
Randy Pausch
IdaMae D.
on 4/22/11 12:03 am - Philadelphia, PA
Awesome wow moment!!!!

Ida

IdaMae

bvohl
on 4/22/11 12:51 am
AWESOME WOW!!

Whenever I get down I look at my pre-op picture that I carry with me all the time as a reminder of how far I have come! I know I still have a way to go, but I have accomplished a lot!!

Good for you!!

Beth
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

lynnc99
on 4/22/11 1:55 am
Pictures show us what we cannot always see in the mirror. Great wow for you!
Nicole0216
on 4/22/11 2:26 am - Lancaster, PA

that is so cool

Maura M.
on 4/22/11 7:45 am - Yardley, PA
Awesome Wow!  I am glad you got the reality check that you are victorious in so many ways!

Maura

JinPA
on 4/29/11 8:51 am - PA
Dr. Pupkova operated on me just about 4 years ago.  I am still 135 pounds down to, and at my goal weight.  This does work, and it is truly a miracle.  Congrats.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1794 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1889 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2569 views